Being a fussy eater, barely I understood the pains took by my mom to make me eat healthy foods. Now myself being a mom, I do understand what it is to feed a fussy child and how a mom puts in her effort to make her children grow healthy. This is another healthy recipe for kids who do not like to eat methi.
1.5 cups long grain rice (soaked for 30 mins)
1 cup methi leaves (chopped)
1 tomato chopped
1 carrot chopped
Handful mint leaves (pudina) (I did not use since I had no pudina at home)
2 green chilies
2 tsp. Garam masala
2.5 cups water (depends on the kind of rice used, 2.5 cups is for most aged basmathi rice)
4 tbsps. Oil
Salt to taste
1 tsp. ginger garlic paste
Dry spices for seasoning
2 bay leaves
1 big strand mace
2 star flower
1 tsp. shah jeera
3 inch cinnamon
1. Heat oil in a pan and add all the dry spices and sauté well for a min.
2. Add ginger garlic paste to this and sauté till u get the ginger garlic aroma.
3. Add chilies & methi leaves. Fry till the leaves wilt.
4. Add tomatoes & salt. Fry till tomatoes turn mushy.
5. Add garam masala, sauté well
6. Add the chopped veggies, mix well. Fry for 2 mins
7. Add water and salt and bring the water to a boil.
8. Add rice and cook till almost the water evaporates.
9. Close the lid and cook further till the rice is fully cooked.
Serve hot with raitha