|Channa with Amaranth Leaves|
2 cups Kabuli Channa (soaked for 10 to 12 hrs for better digestibility)
2 cups Amaranth leaves (chopped small)
3 medium sized onions (chopped small)
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 green chili
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp red chili pow
¼ tsp turmeric
Salt to taste
2 tbsps oil
1 bay leaf
2” cinnamon stick
½ tsp black cumin
1. Pressure cook soaked channa with enough water, salt and turmeric for 2 whistles
2. Heat oil in a pan, add the spices and fry for a min, add ginger garlic paste, sauté for a min
3. Add onions. Fry till they turn translucent.
4. Add chopped amaranth leaves and fry till they wilt fully.
5. Add the cooked channa , red chili pow, garam masala and salt. Pour 1 glass of water, if needed.
6. Cook till you get the desired consistency.