|Pumpkin / Gummadikaya / Kaddu|
2 onions chopped small
2 cups cubed pumpkin pieces
1 ½ tbsps. White Sesame seed pow
1 ½ tbsps. Besan (gram flour)
½ tsp red chili pow
1/8 th tsp turmeric
1 sprig curry leaves
1 green chili
½ tsp mustard
½ tsp cumin
1. Heat oil in a pan, temper the mustard, cumin, green chil and curry leaves.
2. Add onions and fry till they turn translucent
3. Add pumpkin, salt, red chili pow and turmeric, sauté well for 2 mins
4. Pour ¼ cup of water and cook them till almost done. Take care not to pour too much water, it can turn the pumpin mushy. Some pumpkins do not need much water, in that case reduce the water.
5. Sprinkle the sesame seed pow and besan evenly and sauté well for 2 mins on high flame.