|Scrambled Fish Fry / Chepa Podi Vepudu|
Scrambled Fish Fry is a simple fish recipe that does not take much time to prepare and does not need much of spices. This is a recipe for those who hate the smell of fish. Suitable especially for toddlers. I learnt this recipe from my aunt many yrs ago.
400 gms fish fillet (white snapper)
¼ tsp turmeric
½ tbsp. ginger garlic paste
Salt to taste
Lemon juice to taste
1 tbsp ghee
½ tbsp. garam masala
½ tsp pepper pow (can use red chili pow too)
1 green chili
1 sprig curry leaves
How I prepare
1. Wash fish with vinegar. Apply salt and turmeric and steam the fish for 7 to 9 mins. Use a pressure cooker or a idli steamer
2. Once cool remove the skin of the fish
3. Scramble the steamed fish and remove the bones, if any
4. Heat ghee in a pan, add green chili, curry leaves and pepper pow. Sauté for a min
5. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté.
6. Add the scrambled fish and garam masala, adjust salt, turmeric. pour lemon juice. Mix well.
7. Close the pan with a lid and cook for 4 mins on a low flame, stirring occasionally. Do not cook too long else the fry becomes very dry.
Best when served with rasam and rice