|Pumpkin Halwa | Kaddu Ki Halwa using Paneer|
Pumpkin Halwa | Kaddu Ka Halwa is often prepared with milk or condensed milk. But using paneer to prepare the same instead of milk or cmilk transforms the sweet to a divine one. Quick and easy to prepare if you have paneer in hand. It takes only 30 mins to prepare this sweet.
2 cups of grated yellow pumpkin
½ to 1 cup of crumbled paneer (adjust as per your taste, ½ cup gives a milder taste and 1 cup gives a heavy taste)
¼ tsp saffron strands
1 tsp rose essence
¼ tsp cardamom powder
3 tbsps. ghee
Raisins & Nuts for garnishing
1. Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry the grated pumpkin for 2 to 3 mins.
2. Cover and cook till smooth
3. Meanwhile blend paneer with 45 ml water till smooth
4. Add sugar to the pumpkin and simmer for 2 mins.
5. Add paneer, cardamom pow and essence and crushed saffron
6. Add in 2 tbsps ghee
7. Cook till the mix begins to leave the sides of the pan, if you have a mould, you can use to give a shape to the halwa.
8. Fry nuts and raisins in 1 tsp ghee and garnish
Do not attempt to prepare this, if you do not intend to use rose essence.