|Chicken Tikka Fried Rice|
Chicken Tikka Fried Rice can be prepared with either oven made tikkas or tawa fried tikkas and can even use any leftover curried chicken pieces. I have tried all the versions several times and all came out well. Makes a perfect chicken fried rice for bachelors and working women.
½ cup of any long grain uncooked rice (cook to keep them grainy but thoroughly cooked)
Chicken tikka along with veggies ( I used 2 skewers with chicken and veggies (capsicum, onions)) (refer how to make chicken tikka in oven)
fistful of spring onions
1 tbsp garlic chopped
1/8 tsp pepper powder
1 tbsp olive oil
Sauces (you can choose any sauces and adjust the quantity according to your taste, I use the following and tastes the best)
1 tbsp. red chili sauce (I use peri peri)
1 tbsp. Soya sauce
½ tbsp. chili garlic sauce (Maggie)
1. Heat oil in a pan on high flame, sauté garlic for 2 to 3 mins, add white spring onions if using, fry for 2 mins
2. Add the tikka with veggies from the skewers, fry for a min or two.
3. Pour the sauces and when it begins to bubble. Add the green spring onions, rice and pepper powder and toss.
4. Fry for 2 to 3 mins
· if you intend to make chicken tikka on stovetop, refer my chicken tikka masala recipe
· if you want to go with the oven made, refer my chicken tikka in oven
· if you want to use curried chicken, roast chicken pieces and capsicums on a high flame for 3 to 4 mins at step 2
· if you wish to add more veggies, you can use cabbage and carrots too at step 1.