|Chicken Tikka in oven|
How to make chicken tikka in oven
For making chicken tikka masala gravy, I often cook the tikkas on the tawa, so that they are juicier and it is easy to make. But when I intend to use it as an appetizer, I go with this Chicken Tikka in oven, as it gives a different flavor and taste.
Note: do not add too much of garam masala or spice powder, as it leaves a bitter taste to the tikkas. As usual i did not add color, if you wish you can use as per the instructions on the pack.
400 gms of boneless chicken fillet
½ cup of hung curd
1 ½ tsp. red chili powder (I used byadgi, you can use any deep color chili powder)
1/8 tsp. pepper powder
1 ½ tsp. ginger garlic paste
1/8 tsp. turmeric
½ tbsp. kasuri methi (crushed)
1 to 2 tbsps. of lemon juice (adjust as per your curd, if your curd is sour, you can skip this)
¼ tsp biryani masala powder or ½ tsp garam masala ( i use Homemade Biryani Masala powder)
½ tsp coriander powder (I do not use)
salt to taste
1 tbsp. oil
Meat tenderizer (optional, use if your chicken is not tender & follow the instructions on the pack for the quantity)
Veggies (at room temp, using from the fridge right away makes them soggy) (I do not marinate for long as tend to lose the crunch, so I marinate just before I bake them)
½ green bell pepper
½ red bell pepper
1 big onion cubed
1. Wash and cut chicken fillet to equal sized pieces, remove the moisture from them using disposable tissues or cloth
2. Mix all the marination ingredients and marinate the chicken for atleast an hr. 12 to 24 hrs tastes the best
3. Soak the wooden skewers for atleast 30 mins in water to prevent burning else you will have burnt skewers like mine.
4. Just before you begin to bake, cube the veggies and marinate in the left over marination. (unable to trace the rest of the pics from the clutter, will update soon)
5. Put them on to skewers, alternating veggies and chicken.
6. Preheat the oven to 240 C, bake for 20 to 30 mins or till fully done. I suggest you to check after 20 mins. This depends on the size of your chicken pieces and how tender it is.
This is how they look, just out of oven