Iam a midnight baker, i bake late in the night after my kids go to bed, so my step by step pics did not come out well. I use Kara UHT Natural Coconut Cream and i suppose any brand works fine since this recipe needs full content in the carton and not only the top creamy part. I make my own flax seed meal using Origins health food organic golden flax seed.
Flourless Cocoa Brownies Recipe
Ingredients (sufficient to make in a loaf pan, double the ingredients to bake in a brownie pan)
Yields: 8 squares
200 ml of coconut cream
½ cup tightly packed soft dark brown sugar
2 tbsps. Flax seeds (make a fine powder)
1 small egg weighing around 50 grams with the shell (oh! we are not using the shell here)
1 to 2 tbsps. Plain flour (optional, the brownies in the pictures are without flour, so they look gooier)
1 ½ tsps. Vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven at 180 C for at least 15 minutes.
2. Powder flax seeds finely
3. Mix coconut cream, vanilla extract, sugar, flax seed powder and flour if using. Beat till the mixture becomes thick and fluffy. This takes around 3 mins.
4. Add egg and further mix for 2 mins. If you are aiming for non-gooey brownies and have used flour, beat for another 2 minutes. Once mixing is done, the mix looks fluffy and the batter would be moderately thick, of a pouring consistency.
5. Grease a brownie pan, prepare it with a parchment paper and pour the mix and bake for 25 mins. Greasing the pan helps the parchment paper to stick to the pan
6. Skewer inserted comes out clean when it is done. If you want to have non-gooey brownies, bake for extra 3 mins.
7. Lift the parchment paper and Cool it completely on a wire rack. You may want to enjoy this treat quickly, refrigerate for at least 30 mins and cut to squares
1. If you do not want these brownies to be gooey, add 1 to 1 ½ tbsps. Of plain flour. It gives a fudgy texture to the brownies. The exact amount of flour to use depends on the size of the egg.