Fish fingers recipe with step by step photos. Learn how to make fish fingers, crusty and delicious. I have made these countless number of times. This is my easy to go recipe for a fish starter or as a side to rasam rice or as an accompaniment to fried rice or noodles or as a healthy after school snack for my kids’.
Fish fingers recipe is roughly adapted from my kfc fried chicken recipe. This recipe can be used to make deep fried or baked fish fingers. Both turn out very good.
Any large variety of fish is suitable to prepare this including salmon. There can be no better way to enjoy salmon than to bake them. It is so easy to make, needs no sauce, no flour, no oil and no egg to bake it. Definitely is one of the best healthy baked salmon recipes that we have tasted till day.
These turn out to be crusty when deep fried and when baked remain so for about 15 mins. They are best when served immediately.
Fish fingers recipe below
Fish fingers recipe | How to make fish fingers | Fish appetizer recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 tbsp mint leaves , finely chopped fresh , or any fresh herbs
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- Oil as needed
- 250 grams fish fillet
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste or ginger and garlic powders
- 1 green chili , hot , finely chopped (optional)
- ½ tsp red chili powder or paprika (skip if spice powder already has it)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Salt to taste
- ¾ tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp garam masala powder or any spice powder
- 1/3 tsp dried herbs like rosemary or kasuri methi
How to make the recipe
- Wash and remove the skin of the fillet. If you cannot its fine.
- Cut them to finger size strips. Do not make thin strips.
- Marinate with ingredients mentioned under “to marinate “and set aside for at least 30 minutes to overnight in refrigerator.
- Heat the oven at 170 C, prepare a tray, and grease it to prevent the fish sticking up to it.
- Add mint leaves to the marinated fish. Mix well.
- If deep frying, break an egg and pour it. For baking, you can skip using egg.
- Pour the bread crumbs and toss them well in the crumbs. Set aside for 2 to 3 mins.
- Heat oil and fry till golden. For baking, place these over the tray and bake them for 15 to 20 mins.
- The last 5 mins I put the oven to 150 C. This gives a better crust. Once cooked, the oil begins to ooze out slightly from the fish, this is when I get the fish out of the oven.
- Enjoy as a starter or as a snack with your favorite sauce or a cup of masala tea.