oats moong dal dosa or oats pesarattu tastes very delicious and makes a great breakfast for health conscious folks. It can as well be had as a brunch on weekends.
moong dal dosa is a classic protein and fibre rich breakfast of Andhra Pradesh known as pesarattu. It is very popular in many house holds, restaurants and streets as well. Crispy pesarattu are served with ginger chutney. There are few varieties of making this like upma pesarattu, MLA pesarattu and even there is a version of the instant pesarattu made with yellow moong dal.
Oats are well known for their health benefits, adding oats to make oats pesarattu is a wonderful idea.
This dosa can be relished with any chutney like a coconut chutney or a ginger chutney.
To make the oats pesarattu crispy, rice or rice flour has to be added.
To make these dosa, left over pesarattu batter can be used or you can make fresh batter.
find oats moong dal dosa recipe below
oats moong dal dosa | oats pesarattu recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- ½ cup green gram or moong dal or 1 cup pesarattu batter
- ¼ cup oats or 2 tbsp. oats flour
- 2 tbsp rice or rice flour
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- ginger , small piece
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 green chilli
- Add all the ingredients in a blender except ghee and grind by adding little water, to bring the consistency to thin dosa batter. Do not add water after you finish grinding.
- Heat dosa tawa till smoky hot.
- Drizzle some water, reduce the flame to medium, pour a ladle full of this batter and spread to a thin layer.
- Drizzle 1 tsp ghee or oil around the edges.
- Let it fry till it is done on one or both the sides.
- Serve oats pesarattu hot with ginger chutney.