Ragi semiya curd bath recipe – Sharing a quick and healthy South Indian breakfast recipe. To prepare ragi semiya curd bath, it just takes less than 15 minutes. You can very well make it for a quick dinner or lunch. But it has to be served immediately.
Ragi semiya is available in most super market in the recent years. This is made using finger millet called as ragi in kannada and ragulu in telugu and nachni in marati. To know more abour ragi you can check this detailed post on ragi recipes.
This ragi semiya curd bath recipe is also diabetic friendly. To make it low fat, one can use low fat yogurt. Curd bath is a yogurt based dish made either with semiya or beaten rice (poha) in karnataka. Will share the poha curd bath sometime.
Ragi semiya curd bath recipe below
Ragi semiya curd bath recipe | Ragi semiya recipes
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1 cup ragi semiya
- 90 ml curd ( not too thick not too thin)
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- ¼ tsp mustard
- ¼ tsp cumin / jeera
- ½ tsp urad dal
- ½ tsp channa dal
- 1 tbsp peanuts or cashews ( as you desire)
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 green chili slit
- Pinch of hing
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 tbsp oil
- Few coriander leaves for garnish
How to make the recipe
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, cumin, once they splutter, add dals and peanuts, fry till they turn golden. You can set aside if you wish to serve them crunchy
- Add onions, chili and curry leaves, fry for 1 to 2 mins
- Pour yogurt, add turmeric and salt, mix well
- Add the ragi semiya. Mix. Cover and cook till semiya is done. Takes around 3 mins on a medium flame. If needed sprinkle very little water. Do not leave it for long, semiya can turn mushy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve instantly
do not exceed 90 ml yogurt per cup of semiya as this will make the semiya mushy.