Soya keema curry (masala) or beans soya keema sabzi . This is one of the best tasting dry curry with a balanced nutrition from vegetable as well from soya kheema. There can be none who will not like this particular dish, unless you have a personal dislike towards soya meat or beans. Beans can be replaced with any mixed vegetables like carrots, peas, cauliflower etc.
This time i have used Chinese long beans (bobbarakayalu in telugu, alsandi kaye in kannada) ; you can use French beans or cluster beans (goru chikudukaya in telugu, chavalikayi in kannada) too. But make sure you use good tender beans with no hard fiber veins (on the sides). I have used soya chunks to make the kheema, if you do not have, you could blend the granules or can use as it is if you have.
Soya keema curry recipe below
Soya keema curry recipe | Beans soya keema sabzi recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 cup soya chunks (can increase or decrease)
- 1 cup beans , chopped . (can increase or decrease)
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera
- ¾ tsp ginger garlic paste or only ginger paste / crushed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 Pinch turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder (adjust to suit your taste)
- 3 to 4 tbsp coconut milk , thick . (optional, but suggested)
How to make the recipe
- Soak soya chunks in hot water till they soften, squeeze up the excess water, rinse twice in cold water and squeeze off the water. Ensure there is no water left, they must be absolutely dry
- Blend or pulse these coarsely without water.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add mustard cumin, when they begin to splutter add curry leaves.
- Add ginger or ginger garlic paste, sauté until the raw smell goes away.
- Add beans, soya keema, salt and turmeric.
- Fry on a medium high till the raw smell from both disappears, takes around 3 to 4 mins.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala. Mix well and fry for 2 to 3 mins more.
- Pour the coconut milk, cover and cook on a low flame till the beans are fully done. Take care not to burn. If needed just sprinkle some water and cook.
- Serve hot with rice or chapathi or roti or rice.