Veg curd sandwich recipe video – Mix vegetable curd sandwich for breakfast or snack. Making this sandwich is similar to the cream cheese or the mayo sandwich and this would be a good option to those who do not consume mayo or cheese. I usually use hung curd as a substitute to mayo and cream cheese many a times in sandwiches and burgers as curd is something always present in my kitchen.
This veg curd sandwich tastes best, delicious and creamy if made using fresh curd made from full fat milk or greek yogurt. This is one of the simplest bread sandwiches one can make either for breakfast, snack or a light meal. I prefer to keep my foods simple so I haven’t added any cream cheese or mayo to this. I have used easily available veggies like onions, carrots and bell peppers. You can use any non starchy veggies like tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, spring onions etc to suit your taste buds.
I have used ground mustard / mustard powder and pepper to add flavor and mild heat to the sandwich. You can also use red chili flakes or your favorite herbs. You can also use green chutney if you like it. These sandwiches keep good for about 2 hours but taste best if consumed right after making them.
veg curd sandwich recipe card
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 4 slices bread
- ¾ cup thick curd / greek yogurt or 3 tbsp hung curd (link in instructions)
- Salt as needed
- ½ cup grated carrots , chopped onions, bell peppers
- 1 green chili (skip if making for kids)
- ¼ tsp mustard powder (adjust as desired)
- ¼ tsp pepper , more if desired
- Red chili flakes as needed (optional)
- 1 Handful fresh herbs , like coriander or parsley
- 2 tsps butter , softened or olive oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Toast the buttered bread as desired in a toaster or griddle. set aside.
- If you do not have hung curd, then add regular curd to a muslin cloth and squeeze it gently to remove excess whey. You can do this the previous night and also hang it in the refrigerator. You can also follow this recipe of hung curd to know how to make it.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl along with curd.
- Spread this over the bread and cover it with another slice. Press down and halve the sandwich. Do not toast the sandwich or put it in a toaster after spreading the yogurt mixture. Heat kills the beneficial good bacteria in curd.
- Serve right away or at least within 2 hours.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
© Swasthi’s Recipes