Beans carrot curry recipe and beans carrot stir fry recipes – Beans and carrots are regularly used at home not only for making pulao, biryani, upma, fried rice but also to make quick side dishes like these. Sharing 2 recipes – one to make a curry and the other one a quick stir fry. Both the recipes are simple, healthy and taste good. They go well with rice or any kind of roti/chapathi.
Recipe 1 – I usually pack this for the lunch box with jeera rice, pudina rice, coconut rice, lemon rice or lemon pudina rice You can also use potatoes, beetroot or cauliflower to make this stir fry. An addition of very little good garam masala and kasuri methi is all that is needed to make this flavorful. If you have this vepudu karam, you can use it instead of garam masala.
how to make carrot beans stir fry
1. Let ½ tsp cumin ¼ mustard splutter in hot oil. Add 1 tsp chopped garlic and saute for a minute.
2. Add ½ cup finely chopped carrots and ¼ to ½ cup french beans. If using other veggies, you can also add them now. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes on a medium flame until the raw smell of the beans goes off.
3. Lower the flame, cook covered until the veggies turn tender and cooked. If needed sprinkle little water, if the veggies don’t get cooked well.
4. Sprinkle 2 generous pinches of garam masala, little chili powder and one to 2 generous pinches of kasuri methi (dried methi leaves). Also add salt now. Mix well and stir fry for one to 2 minutes. You will begin to smell everything good. Switch off. You can also use this vepudu karam instead of garam masala and kasuri methi.
You can serve with plain rice, rasam, sambar or any flavored rice.
Recipe 2- beans carrot curry recipe
This curry is made in a different way using onions, tomatoes and goes good with plain rice or roti/ chapathi.
Beans carrot stir fry recipe card
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- oil as needed
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp mustard
- 1 pinch hing / asafoetida
- ½ to ¾ cup onions , chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes , chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- salt as needed
- 1 pinch turmeric
- ¾ cup french beans , chopped
- ½ cup carrot
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin and mustard. When they begin to splutter, add hing.
- Add onions and fry until transparent. Add tomatoes and sprinkle salt, turmeric.
- Cook until the they turn completely mushy and soft.
- Add curry leaves, chopped carrots and beans. Stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Cover and cook on a low flame. Keep stirring and cook covered until the veggies turn soft. I did not add water since the vegies i used were very fresh and tender. If the veggies do not get cooked, you can sprinkle little water and cook until done.
- Add garam masala, coriander powder and red chili powder. Mix well and cook covered for 2 to 3 minutes for the flavor of garam masala to come out.
- Garnish beans carrot curry with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with plain rice or chapatti.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes