Apple orange smoothie recipe – Fruits get digested better and quicker when consumed without mixing them with yogurt, milk or sugar . This simple healthy smoothie is made at least thrice a week at home, to boost the immunity and appetite of my kids. It works wonders for them, making them crazy hungry after an hour.
This apple orange smoothie is best when made with sweet tasting apples like Ambrosia otherwise sweet pears or a ripe banana needs to be included. Using sour oranges and sour apples may not be a good idea as the entire smoothie turns acidic. Or you will have to balance the sourness by adding nuts like almonds or cashews.
All the fruits in this apple orange smoothie are high in vitamin c so just a single serving of this smoothie will fulfill the daily requirement of vitamin C to our body. Make sure you choose a variety of apples and oranges that are low acidic otherwise it may lead to heartburn and acidity.
Other ingredients that go well in this orange smoothie are handful of mint leaves, basil or tulsi leaves, a piece of ginger, a pinch of salt. If it is a rainy and cold day, I usually add ginger or pepper powder, even for the kids.
For maximum health benefits, it is always good to consume fruit beverages alone and not with any snack, meal or breakfast.
Apple orange smoothie recipe card below
Apple orange smoothie
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 2 apples large or (1 apple and 1 pear) / sweet tasting
- 2 orange or 1 cup orange juice with pulp
- ginger small piece (optional)
- pinch pepper powder (optional)
- 10 to 12 almonds or cashews, soaked
How to make the recipe
- Wash apple & pear under running water. Spray vinegar and leave them aside for 10 mins. Make sure the vinegar does not dry up else you will need to spray again.
- Rub them well with sea salt and wash under running water.
- Peel the skin if apples and pear are not organic. Keep the skin on for organic apple and pear. Wash and peal the oranges.
If making smoothie in a blender
- Juice the oranges in a orange juicer or a blender. Strain the juice and then add the rest of the ingredients to the blender. We need one cup of orange juice.
- Blend well to make a smoothie. Adjust the consistency by adding more orange juice.
If making apple orange smoothie in a cold press or slow juicer
- Fix your smoothie attachments to the juicer, add all the ingredients and run the machine. Add more oranges if you like a thin smoothie.
- Serve apple orange smoothie immediately.