Apple Orange Smoothie
Apple Orange Smoothie, a perfect breakfast drink to brighten up your day! While you can quite easily get your hands on an Apple Orange Smoothie at your nearest café or juice bar, this homemade version is the best you can make with my easily customizable tips for optimal freshness and health. With nothing more than just oranges, apples and a protein packed ingredient, you can be confident that you are getting the very best of what an Apple Orange Smoothie has to offer.
Fresh oranges are packed with a number of vitamins and nutrients. They are rich in vitamin C, potassium, and folate. Also loaded with beneficial antioxidants and can be attributed to an overall improvement in heart health. Beyond that, it is believed to decrease inflammation which makes it a smart choice to enjoy it for good health.
Remember how we were taught in school “An apple a day keeps a doctor away”? It is an amazing fruit with numerous nutrients much needed for our body. It is a rich source of iron, folate, fiber, vitamin C and potassium.
About Apple Orange Smoothie
So this apple orange smoothie is immensely beneficial if you are looking ways to include them in your diet. Eating fruits on their own is the best way to get fruits into your diet but at times a drink like this one is much loved at home by my boys.
We love smoothies with orange and make various combos using them. Like this apple orange smoothie, I also make orange banana smoothie, orange blueberry smoothie and orange carrot smoothie.
These really boost the immunity and appetite of my kids. It works wonders for them, making them crazy hungry after an hour.
This apple orange smoothie is best when made with sweet tasting apples like Ambrosia or substitute with sweet pears or a ripe banana.
Using sour oranges and sour apples end up with a too sour smoothie & and can cause acidity. If both are sour you will have to balance it by adding nuts like almonds or cashews.
Make sure you choose a variety of apples and oranges that are low acidic otherwise it may cause heartburn and acidity.
Other ingredients that go well in this orange smoothie are handful of mint leaves, basil or tulsi leaves, a piece of ginger & a pinch of salt.
For maximum benefits, it is always good to consume fruit beverages alone and not with any snack, meal or breakfast.
For more healthy smoothie recipes
Orange Banana Smoothie
Carrot Milk Smoothie
Apple Orange Smoothie Recipe
For best results follow the step-by-step photos above the recipe card
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- 2 apples large or (1 apple and 1 pear) / sweet tasting
- 2 to 3 oranges or 1 cup orange juice with pulp
- ½ inch ginger peeled (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper crushed (optional)
- 10 to 12 almonds or cashews, soaked
- Wash apples under running water. Spray vinegar and leave them aside for 2 to 3 mins.
- Rub them well with sea salt and wash under running water.
- Peel the skin if apples are not organic. Keep the skin on for organic apples. Wash and peal the oranges.
- Remove the pith of the oranges and halve the oranges, lengthwise . Then make a deep cut in the halved oranges in the center, so you cut all of the orange segments. Remove the seeds.
Method 1 – apple orange smoothie in blender
- Optional – If using nuts, add them to the blender jar with ½ to ¾ cup water or any liquid. Blend until smooth.
- Add the oranges and the chopped apples. Add the optional ingredients. Blend until smooth. If it is too thick for your liking simply pour more liquid like water or juice & blend.
Method 2 – In a blender
- Method 2 – Juice the oranges in a orange juicer or a blender. Strain the juice and then add the rest of the ingredients to the blender. We need one cup of orange juice.
- Blend well to make a smoothie. Adjust the consistency by adding more orange juice or water.
If making apple orange smoothie in a cold press or slow juicer
- Fix your smoothie attachments to the juicer, run your machine and add all the ingredients one after the other into the juicer chute. Add more oranges if you like a thin smoothie.
- Serve apple orange smoothie immediately.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes
I’m Swasthi Shreekanth, the recipe developer, food photographer & food writer behind Swasthi’s Recipes. My aim is to help you cook great Indian food with my time-tested recipes. After 2 decades of experience in practical Indian cooking I started this blog to help people cook better & more often at home. Whether you are a novice or an experienced cook I am sure Swasthi’s Recipes will assist you to enhance your cooking skills. More about me
Follow Swasthi’s Recipes
I added some unsweetened greek yogurt and a bit of ice to thicken the smoothie and this was absolutely delightful! The pepper and ginger really evened out the sweetness.
Hi Swasti you have mentioned above that we should not mix sugar and milk with fruits why. but I often mix it to make apple smoothie.
healthy and creamy smoothie
Perfect to start a day with…