Apple milkshake recipe – one of the easiest milkshake recipes that can be whipped up in no time. This apple shake tastes delicious, is protein packed & nutrient dense. Milkshakes are not much favored at home since we are more comfortable enjoying fruits and milk separately and alone.
We just love them that way and are very nourishing to the body. Fruits eaten alone can be digested in just 30 minutes and the nutrients are immediately absorbed by our body.
I make milkshakes only sometimes when my kids ask for it. This mango shake is their favorite during mango season.
Most times apples are waxed and chemical coated for various reasons like shelf life or to withstand the harsh weather conditions. So it is important to choose apples that are not chemically treated.
Most often we buy the organic apples when ever available. For making apple shake choose the sweet kind that are less acidic. Tart apples do not go well in shakes.
At home we always avoid fruits with milk in a shake. Fruits with milk is one of the most known combination that can cause digestive issues if consumed often.
So I do not use dairy milk to make any fruit shake. I just blend a handful of nuts with water to make my own nut milk. Then use it to make an awesome healthy shake.
There are a lot of options to make a vegan shake like using soya milk, almond milk, coconut or oat milk.
If you do not believe or follow any such food combining rules, you may use dairy milk as well. But keep kids and toddlers away from such combinations if you make shakes regularly.
If using soya milk look for preservative free non-gmo soya milk. I avoid using dairy milk for milkshakes.
Ingredients i used to make apple milkshake. You can also add dates or dates syrup to this shake.
Any nuts like cashews or almonds can be used. If using almonds i suggest soaking them for 4 to 6 hours before using, as soaking enhances their nutrition.
Apple milkshake recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 apple large or 2 medium apples
- 2 cups milk chilled or water or vegan milk
- 2 pinch cinnamon powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp sugar organic or any other sweetener as needed (refer notes)
- 20 almonds or cashews (refer notes)
- 2 ice cubes or milk ice cubes (optional)
How to make the recipe
- Wash, peel and core apples. Chop them and add to the blender.
- Add half of the milk or water, sweetener and nuts. Blend until smooth.
- Then add the rest of the milk and ice cubes if using. Blend until frothy.
- Pour apple milkshake to serving glasses and sprinkle cinnamon if using.
If using almonds, soak them for 4 to 6 hours, remove the skin. Soaked almonds are more healthy .