Apple milkshake recipe – one of the easiest milkshake recipes that can be whipped up in no time. Milkshakes are not much favored at home since we are more comfortable enjoying fruits and milk separately and alone.
I make a lot of vegan smoothies with different combinations of fruits like pineapple banana smoothie, orange banana smoothie, apple orange smoothie, beetroot apple smoothie.
We just love them that way and are very nourishing to the body. Fruits eaten alone can be digested in just 30 minutes and the nutrients are immediately absorbed by our body.
I make milkshakes only sometimes when the kids ask for it. I use non dairy milk to make any fruit shake. There are a lot of options to make a vegan shake like using soya milk, almond milk, coconut or oat milk. If using soya milk look for preservative free non-gmo soya milk. I avoid using dairy milk for milkshakes.
If you do not believe or follow any such food combining rules, you may use dairy milk as well. But keep kids and toddlers away from such combinations if you make shakes regularly.
Ingredients i used to make apple milkshake. You can also add dates or dates syrup to this shake.
Any nuts like cashews or almonds can be used. If using almonds i suggest soaking them for 4 to 6 hours before using, as soaking enhances their nutrition.
Apple milkshake recipe below
Apple milkshake recipe | How to make apple milkshake
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1 apple large or 2 medium apples
- 1.5 to 2 cups milk chilled (prefer vegan milk)
- 2 pinch cinnamon powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp sugar organic or any other sweetener as needed (refer notes)
- 12 almonds or cashews (refer notes)
- 2 ice cubes or milk ice cubes (optional)
How to make the recipe
- Wash, peel and core apples. Chop them and add to the blender.
- Add half of the milk, sweetener and nuts. Blend until smooth.
Add the rest of the milk and ice cubes if using. Blend until frothy.
- Pour apple milkshake to serving glasses and sprinkle cinnamon if using.
If using dates, wash them and soak in little water for sometime. this helps to soften them and they blend well in the apple milkshake.
If using almonds, soak them for 4 to 6 hours, remove the skin. Soaked almonds are more healthy .