beerakaya kodi guddu kura – Ridge gourd is called as beerakaya in telugu and when prepared with egg tastes delectable and anybody who tastes the combination of these two in a masala gravy, will surely love this. Ridge gourd has a mild sweet taste which brings a new taste and aroma to the gravy.
beerakaya kodi guddu kura combo is not new and has been relished in Andhra pradesh for several decades. It is a nice way of getting your family to eat eggs as well vegetables in one meal. The only change I made to the original recipe is the use of kitchen king masala instead of the simple homemade garam masala.
Iam a huge of various spices or masalas and powders. I love to experiment my regular dishes with a change of the spice powder. I do not stick on to any specific masala powders. I just keep trying with whatever I have in my kitchen. So you can try with any masala powder, but the one that tastes best for this recipe is the kitchen king masala.
Related recipe: beerakaya curry
find recipe of beerakaya kodi guddu kura below
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 4 Boiled eggs (pierce them with fork randomly)
- ¾ cup onions chopped
- 2 cups beerakaya / tender ridge gourd, chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 green chili slit
- ¼ tsp mustard
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala or kitchen king masala
- 2 tbsp Oil
How to make the recipe
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves, mustard, cumin and green chili. Allow them to crackle.
- Add onions, sprinkle salt and fry till the onions turn translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till you get an aroma .
- Add eggs and fry for 2 mins, set these aside. This step is optional.
- Add ridge gourd, sprinkle salt and turmeric. Fry on a high flame for 2 to 3 mins.
- Cover and cook on a low flame till the bottle gourd is almost cooked, if needed add some water. Some gourds do not have much moisture in them, in that case more water is needed to cook
- Add eggs, red chili powder and masala. Mix well and simmer for 5 to 7 mins. Serve beerakaya kodi guddu kura with rice or chapathi.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
If you are new to cooking, follow my detailed step by step photo instructions for best results.