Beetroot apple smoothie. – We have been experimenting with healthy smoothies for quite some time now and began to love them. The smoothie passion started after the hubby was raving a lot about them which he get to enjoy regularly near his workplace. Heard a lot about the changes he finds in himself, a healthy mind and healthy body. Finally he got me into making these for more than a few years now. We love them a lot.
Thought of sharing a few delicious smoothies with you all, yes only delicious smoothies. They have not been made with Incompatible combinations, hence easy to digest. They are best served alone without any other foods. I will be glad, if I can inspire some of you to make these for yourself. The benefits are immense, experiment and experience the benefits for yourself.
Beetroot smoothie is made using beets, green apple (granny smith) and pear. I have not used water, the entire smoothie has been made using only three ingredients and no added sugar. You can replace green apples with the regular ones.
We are not always into using organic beetroot, apples or pears yet. We just go with whatever is available at hand, but try to include clean and fresh produce for maximum health benefits.
Beetroot smoothie recipe
Beetroot apple smoothie
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- ½ beetroot (adjust to suit your taste)
- 2 apple small, granny smith
- 1 pear large or 2 medium pears (I use Asian pear, any juicy pear works fine)
- ginger small piece (optional)
How to make the recipe
- Rinse beetroot under running water to remove mud or dirt. If needed you can soak them in little salted water for a while, to get rid of all the unwanted stuff.
- Wash apples and pear too. Keep the skin if using organic else peel off the skins lightly.
- Chop them to smaller pieces depending on your blender.
- Add them to a blender jar and blend till smooth. If you do not have a powerful blender or your fruits are not very juicy, you can add little water while blending.
- Serve beetroot smoothie immediately.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
If you are a beginner or new to Indian cooking, I highly suggest you to check the supporting step by step photos for best results. Step by step photos with description available below after the recipe card.