Mushroom spaghetti recipe. – A simple, quick and delicious dish made with spaghetti, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, black pepper & herbs . This is a super quick dinner option you can whip up under 25 minutes. You can also make this with other veggies like broccoli, sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers & even with spinach.
I have used spaghetti here. You can also replace it with macaroni/ elbow or fusilli or any other of your choice. To make it kids’ friendly reduce the amount of black pepper & chilli flakes in the recipe.
This mushroom spaghetti goes very well with a bowl of clear soup and a bread toast. For healthier options, use organic whole grain spaghetti & avoid canned tomatoes. For gluten-free option, use spaghetti made with brown rice or any other gluten-free grains.
1. Bring water to a rapid boil in a large pot. Add the spaghetti to the boiling water. While it boils, puree the tomatoes.
2. Add salt good enough to taste. Cook until al dente.
3. Drain them to a colander. If you prefer you can also rinse them and add a tsp of oil. Smear the oil well to the cooked spaghetti.
How to make mushroom spaghetti
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Fry garlic until the flavor comes out, just for 1 to 2 mins.
5. Add sliced mushrooms and saute.
6. When the mushrooms are completely cooked, set them aside to a plate. You can also cover and cook them until done.
7. Add the rest of the oil and saute garlic until aroma comes out. If using onion, saute them until golden. Then add the tomato puree and salt.
8. Cook until it thickens.
9. Add mushrooms, pepper and chili flakes.
10. Then add oregano. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 mins. Pour the cream is using. Off the stove. Stir well.
11. Add the cooked spaghetti.
12. Mix well.
Enjoy mushroom spaghetti with a bowl of soup.
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- 250 to 300 grams tomatoes or 1 cup puree or 4 no. ripe
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 ½ cups mushroom sliced (use more if desired)
- 1 small onion finely chopped (optional)
- 150 to 175 grams spaghetti (or any)
- 2 tbsps Olive oil or butter
- 1 tsp Oregano or as desired
- ¼ to ½ tsp black pepper ground or crushed
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 2 to 3 tbsp cream (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot and add salt.
- Cook spaghetti until aldente following the instructions on the pack.
- Drain and rinse well and add few drops of oil. Toss and set aside.
How to make mushroom spaghetti
- Heat oil in a pan. Add half the garlic and saute until aromatic.
- Add mushrooms and saute until cooked completely. Set these aside.
- Pour little more oil and saute the rest of the garlic.
- Add onions if using. Saute them until golden.
- Pour the tomato puree, salt and then the chili flakes.
- Cook until the tomato sauce thickens and the raw flavor goes away.
- Add herbs, red chili flakes, pepper and mushrooms. Saute for a minute. Turn off the heat.
- If using cream then stir in.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and toss well. If it looks dry add in a bit more of oil or spaghetti cooked stock.
- Serve mushroom spaghetti hot.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes