Pineapple smoothie is simple to make filled with all the goodness of nutrients. This is a vegan smoothie made without any milk or protein powders and is all natural with no added sweetener or fats.
Pineapples are high in vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C and fiber that help to build immunity, prevent constipation and asthma. Pineapple is well known for its unique enzyme called bromelain that is believed to inhibit tumor growths and relieve arthritis and help to digest fats in human body. (Sources: whfoods.com and medicalnewstoday.com).
to make pineapple smoothie, banana pairs well, the sweet and sourness balances the taste of the smoothie. Using cardamom or ginger is optional. Some folks feel discomfort after having pineapples in any form, especially in the throat, ginger helps to keep the throat clear.
pineapple smoothie is best to consume alone without any accompaniment for better digestion and absorption of nutrients. Choose fresh pineapple, chop fresh (instead of using refrigerated or frozen or canned), blend fresh and consume fresh for the best health benefits.
pineapple smoothie recipe below
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 2 cups pineapple , fresh , cubes
- 1 bananas large or 2 medium
- 1 cup water or ice cubes
- 1 green cardamom (optional)
- ginger , Small piece , (optional)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds meal or chia seeds or sabja seeds(optional)(refer notes)
How to make the recipe
- Cut off the skin of the pineapple, remove the core from the center and chop to sizes that your blender can handle.
- Add rest of the ingredients to the jar and blend them well.
- Serve immediately to prevent or reduce oxidization of the fruits.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
If you are new to cooking, follow my detailed step by step photo instructions for best results.