Pineapple juice recipe – Make refreshing & delicious pineapple juice at home in minutes. Apart from being low in calories, Pineapples are also low in sodium and high in vitamins and manganese. A combination of enzymes known as bromelain are found in pineapples which help to break down the proteins and assist us in better digestion of foods.
Most of the bromelain in a pineapple lies in the core and the skin. So I use up the core as well while juicing.
Pineapple is one of those fruits which we often end up juicing or using in smoothies rather than enjoying the whole fruit as it is.
Homemade fruit juice is so delicious, refreshing and pure with no additives. So we prefer the homemade juice and never drink outside.
Pineapple juice can be made in a blender or any kind of juicer. I have made it in a slow juicer so have not added any kind of liquid to this. But if making in a blender, you may use young/tender coconut water or just plain water.
To make this pineapple juice, ingredients like ginger, pepper, pink salt and holy basil (tulsi) can be used. These are helpful to prevent the throat irritation after consuming pineapples. Always use ripe pineapples as the unripe ones are said to cause stomach problems.
If making in a slow juicer, 2 medium sized pineapples will yield about 1.5 lts of pure pineapple juice. If making in a blender 2 cups of pineapple chunks blended with 1 cup of water will yield about 2 cups of juice.
For the best taste and nutrition, consume immediately before the pineapple juice begins to oxidize.
Pineapple juice recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
Recipe 1 – Ingredients if making in blender
- 2 cups pineapple cubes
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp salt optional
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ inch ginger
Recipe 2 – For juicer
- 2 pineapples medium sized, ripe
- 1 lemon (if pineapple is sweet)
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 1 Handful holy basil leaves or mint (or tulsi) (optional)
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt or regular salt
- Cut off both the ends of the pineapple.
- Begin to cut down the skin of pineapple with a sharp knife from top to bottom. (Refer pics below).
- Repeat peeling off the skin all around.
- Keep the core intact. If juicing in a blender, cut them to cubes.
- If making in a juicer, then cut to the size that fits in your juicer chute.
How to make pineapple juice
- Add them to a blender jar or juicer chute along with all the other ingredients desired except lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- If using a blender, then place a strainer over a bowl.
- Pour the juice and filter it.
- Stir in the lemon juice. Serve pineapple juice fresh.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
© Swasthi’s Recipes
How to make pineapple juice at home
1. Always choose fresh ripe pineapples. Unripe pineapples upset the tummy.
2. Remove the skin slightly deep inside. Chop them to the size that fits your blender. Add them to the blender or juicer along with the optional ingredients mentioned in the recipe card.
I use a slow juicer, so did not strain it. If making in a blender then place a filter over a bowl and pour the blended pineapple mixture.
Press down the pulp against the sieve to extract the juice completely.
Serve pineapple juice immediately.