Banana bread recipe video – Simple quick banana bread recipe with video and step by step photos. I don’t bake often but whenever we have overripe bananas I bake banana bread, banana muffins, banana cake and moist chocolate banana cake. This banana bread recipe is one of our favorites and has been tried by me so many times and has always turned out great. If you are a beginner do check out the video I have shared below.
This banana bread recipe uses a single egg so the results are too good and is lighter than a eggless banana bread. This is a no fail recipe, even a beginner can bake this with wonderful results very easily.
This works good with whole wheat flour (atta) or plain flour (maida) and even with half of each. I have used whole wheat pastry flour which yields the same results as using half regular whole wheat flour (atta) and half plain flour. Earlier I have also made this using only regular whole wheat flour, the difference is a slightly denser banana bread.
I have used organic turbinado sugar, any kind of sugar just works good here. The color of the cake may be lighter if made using white sugar. Since I used the turbinado sugar the banana bread turned out to be lightly golden to brown.
Recipe adapted from Elise’s blog
Banana bread recipe below
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 ½ cups flour or 180 grams , (plain flour, whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 2 bananas , ripe (medium, about 6 inches long)
- 75 to 80 grams butter or 1/3 cup melted
- ¾ cup sugar (organic)
- 1 egg ,large , beaten
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Pinch salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sieve together flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Set this aside.
- Grease a 8 by 4 inch loaf pan with butter.
- Beat the egg and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 160 C for atleast 15 mins.
- Mash the bananas very well either with a masher or puree them.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Mix well until sugar dissolves.
- Add butter and beaten egg.
- Mix well.
- Mix together flour in 2 parts with the wet ingredients just until combined. Avoid over mixing and make sure there are no lumps.
Making banana bread
- Transfer the batter to the greased pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. You may need to adjust the baking time by 5 to 10 mins depending on your oven. But keep an eye after 55 mins. Mine was done exactly after 60 mins.
- Transfer the banana bread to a rack.
- Cool completely and cut with a bread knife.
- Banana bread can be served with milk or tea.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes