Eggless banana pancakes recipe – Soft, fluffy and delicious banana pancakes made without eggs. Indeed these pancakes are one of the healthiest I have ever tried so far. These make a great breakfast and can be made under 15 minutes. They can be served with any kind of your favorite toppings.
This eggless banana pancakes recipe works well with plain flour or whole wheat flour. I have used whole wheat pastry flour which gives the same texture as that of using half whole wheat and half plain flour.
Honey lemon syrup, Chocolate syrup & maple syrup with caramelized bananas & choco chips are some of the toppings that go very well for these pancakes.
I had few requests for some good eggless pancake recipes for toddlers & kids. I have tried many recipes without baking powder & soda, the results are just flat and dense.
They do not turn out fluffy or soft, the way pancakes are supposed to be and taste more like a banana dosa. Will share the recipe of banana dosa soon.
These pancakes can be served to toddlers occasionally and not often due to the addition of baking powder. I have used coconut milk in this recipe, since we follow the food compatibility rules and do not use fruit and milk together. You can also use plain water or any nut milk or organic soya milk.
1. These are the ingredients I have used in this recipe. I often get queries from readers asking about the brand or the kind of ingredients I used. So sharing this pic. You can use plain water or milk. To make the vegan milk, you can use either coconut or about 10 cashews. I used about 1/4 cup of frozen grated coconut, 3/4 cup water and extracted the milk by blending in a Mini blender.
2. Add flour, baking powder and salt to a bowl.
3. Mix them very well and set aside.
4. Add banana, sugar and cinnamon powder. Do not use cassia, choose only true cinnamon. If you do not have skip it.
5. Add vanilla and oil or melted butter. I used virgin coconut oil.
6. Added the coconut milk by filtering it. Measure the milk and add it. You can also substitute with plain water.
7. Mix everything well. Break up any banana chunks.
8. Add half of the flour and mix. Add the other half and mix until just combined.
9. Very soon in few minutes, you will begin to see tinny bubbles. Baking powder begins to get activated. You will have to use up the batter right away for fluffy and well cooked pancakes. The consistency of the batter is thick but of pouring consistency like idli batter. You can check the next picture to get an idea of the right consistency. You can also add little more water or milk if needed.
How to make eggless banana pancakes
10. Grease a pan with butter or oil. Wipe off excess. When it is hot enough, put on the flame to medium. Pour 1 ladle of batter. Do not spread it a lot, it spreads on its own if the consistency of batter is right. You will have to adjust the heat well otherwise they will brown too quickly without cooking inside.
11. Cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
12. Add butter towards the edges.
13. When the base is set, flip it.
14. Cook until golden on a low heat. Make sure it is well cooked from inside. Set this aside and continue to make the rest. You will get about 4 pancakes.
15. These are the ingredients I used for topping.
16. Add 1 tsp of butter and place the sliced bananas on the hot pan. Cook until caramelized on one or both the sides. To make these make sure your banana is not very ripe. Just ripe and firm is good for this. Do not flip them too many times, they stick up to the pan.
Serve eggless banana pancakes with caramelized bananas, choco chips and syrup.
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 cup flour (plain flour or whole wheat flour or ½ & ½)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsps sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon (optional) (use only true cinnamon)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana large ripe , (about 6 inches long)
- 2 tsp oil or melted butter
- ¾ cup milk + 2 tbsp or water(use more if needed, I used coconut milk)
- Butter or oil for cooking pancakes
- Mix together flour, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
- Mash the banana very well with cinnamon and sugar. Add oil, vanilla and milk. Whisk the mixture very well until well combined.
- Add flour in 2 batches and mix just until well combined. Make sure the batter is lump free and of pouring but thick consistency.
Making eggless banana pancakes
- Grease a pan well with oil or butter. Wipe off the excess oil. Heat the pan.
- When it is just hot, put on the flame to medium heat and Pour 1 ladle full of batter. Do not spread.
- Cover and cook for 1 to 2 mins. Drizzle butter around the edges.
- When the edges leave the pan, flip it and cook on the other side as well.
- Set this aside and repeat making more pancakes.
- Make sure the heat is not too much otherwise they will brown without cooking well.
- Stack the pancakes, Serve eggless banana pancakes with your favorite toppings.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
© Swasthi’s Recipes