Cold coffee recipe with video & step by step photos – Learn to make cold coffee shake that tastes absolutely delicious, thick and creamy all without the use of Ice cream. Most coffee lovers begin their day with a morning cup of coffee either hot or cold. I am one among those who doesn’t make coffee often at home since none of us have acquired the taste for it.
Singapore’s tropical climate demands cold beverages often so I do make cold coffee shake sometimes. Cold coffee can be made using cold brew coffee, instant coffee or even with filter coffee. I am sharing this cold coffee recipe using instant coffee, however you can use any other to suit your personal taste.
Scientific evidence shows that consuming coffee in moderation can be beneficial to health, so enjoy this cold coffee in moderation and not regularly.
I have not used ice cream in this recipe since I used ice cubes made of milk which gives a frothy & creamy cold coffee. But if you have ice cream, then you can add 1 scoop of it either while blending or while serving.
Cold coffee recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- ¾ to 1 tbsp instant coffee (use as needed to suit your taste)
- 1 ½ to 2 tbsp sugar (adjust to suit your taste)
- 1 cup full fat milk chilled
- 4 ice cubes or milk ice cubes
- 4 tbsp water Filtered, luke warm
- Blender with a jar capacity of over 500 ml
How to make the recipe
- Optional – You can make cold coffee with ice cubes or milk ice cubes. To make milk ice cubes, fill the ice tray with full fat milk. Freeze it the previous night.
How to make cold coffee
- Add coffee, sugar and warm water to a blender jar. Run the machine till the mixture turns frothy to ensure sugar and coffee are dissolved completely.
- Pour chilled milk and ice cubes.
- Blend again for 2 to 3 minutes until the cold coffee shake turns frothy and creamy.
- Pour it to a glass and serve immediately.
- You can garnish serving glass with a tbsp of coffee sauce, coffee syrup or chocolate syrup before pouring the cold coffee into it.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
If you are new to cooking, follow my detailed step by step photo instructions for best results.
1. Add instant coffee powder. You can even use cold brew or filter coffee.
2. Add sugar.
3. Add warm water to a blender jar. Skip water if using cold brew or filter coffee.
How to make cold coffee
4. Run the blender until frothy meaning sugar and coffee has dissolved completely.
5. Add chilled milk.
6. Add ice cubes. I do not like diluted cold coffee shake so I prefer to use milk ice instead of plain ice cubes. I usually have a stock of these cubes in the freezer.
7. Blend until frothy.
You can garnish your glass with some coffee sauce, coffee syrup or chocolate syrup. Then pour the cold coffee shake.
Serve cold coffee immediately.