Dry fruits modak recipe – A quick and easy modak recipe using dry fruits and nuts. There is no cooking needed for this recipe except for toasting the nuts. These dry fruit modaks make a great treat to share with family and friends during the festive occasion. You can check the entire collection of Vinayaka chavithi recipes here.
To make dry fruits modak recipe, dry fruits along with nuts are ground and molded in a mould to get a modakam shape. If you do not have a mould, you can try to shape them with fingers, but is hard to get the perfect look that a mould gives. I have kept the recipe simple using only minimum ingredients but you can also add more ingredients like cornflakes, oats, chocolate chips etc like i used to make these oats dry fruits ladoo.
How to make dry fruits modak
1. Chop the nuts and dry roast them until they turn lightly golden. You can skip chopping, if you have a powerful blender. I used walnuts, almonds and cashews. You can use what ever you have including peanuts or pistachios.
2. Cool them and powder in a blender.
3. Fine or coarse powder is your choice.
4. Add all the chopped dry fruits. I used raisins, dates, apricots, figs. You can also use only dates.
5. Blend until nuts and fruits blend well.
6. Grease the mould and take a generous portion of this mixture and stuff inside it. Press from beneath on all the sides to give a good shape. Open the mould and remove the modak gently. To shape them without a mould, divide the dough to 8 to 10 balls and roll them smooth. Shape them gently.
Dry fruits modak recipe
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- ¾ cup nuts chopped (almonds, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, pista)
1 ½ cups chopped dry fruits (refer notes)
- 8 dates large
- 5 apricots
- 10 raisins large
- 4 to 6 figs
- Dry roast the nuts until slightly golden on a medium heat.
- Cool them and blend to a fine or coarse powder.
- Add dry fruits to the same jar and blend until both combined.
- Grease the mould and stuff a generous amount of mixture inside, Press it evenly on all the sides. Remove from the mold.
- Offer dry fruits modak to Lord ganesha for chaturthi pooja.
You can use only dates if you do not have all the dry fruits.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes