Egg fry recipe – Learn to make easy egg fry recipe, a quick and easy side dish that goes great with any rice including plain rice. It is not a very dry fry, can even be had with a one pot rice or even with roti accompanied by a bowl of salad. You end up having a complete balanced meal that’s super easy to make. You can also check this recipe on garlic egg roast which is super simple and yet delicious.
I make egg fry in so many ways, onions or tomatoes alone and sometimes with an addition of thinly sliced capsicum. I find it appropriate to use vegetables like ridge gourd, capsicum, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions or onions. All go well with the eggs.
To make egg fry, I use capsicum, this time i did not since i wanted to keep it very very simple, with minimum ingredients, the way bachelors can make, use freely whatever you have in hand, and it still yields great tasting eggs to accompany your meal on a busy day. But I suggest using capsicums if you are looking for ways to include it in your diet. It adds great flavor to the egg fry.
How to make egg fry
1. Add water to a pot and bring the eggs to a boil on a medium flame. Cover the pot and switch off the stove. Leave it for about ten minutes. Drain the water and peel off the shells. For first born eggs you need to boil a little longer, until you see cracks over the eggs. Rinse and prick them randomly with a fork.
2. Heat a pan with oil, add cumin, garlic and ginger, when they begin to sizzle, add onions and fry them till they turn lightly brown.
3. Add eggs, green chili, tomatoes, salt and turmeric. Fry till the tomatoes turn mushy. If tomatoes are not juicy, you can sprinkle little water to soften them, do not pour lot of water.
4. Add red chili powder, pepper powder and whatever spice powder you have. I used coriander powder and a bit of biryani masala powder.
5. Continue to fry for 3 to 4 minutes till the mixture smells roasted and good.
Egg fry recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 2 Boiled eggs
- 1 onion (large or 2 medium)
- 1 tomato (large to medium)
- 1 green chilies slit
- ½ tsp cumin
- Oil as desired
- 1 garlic clove large , minced
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste (or grated ginger or crushed garlic)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Red chili powder
- ½ to 1 tsp garam masala or coriander powder
- pinches pepper powder (optional)
- 1 Pinch turmeric ( or haldi)
- ½ capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Add oil to a pan and heat it. Add cumin, ginger and garlic, allow to sizzle.
- Add onions, fry until they turn golden, add eggs, tomatoes, turmeric , salt and chili.
- Fry everything together till the tomatoes turn soft and mushy, if needed sprinkle little water.
- Add garam masala, chili powder and pepper. fry everything together until the mixture is nicely roasted for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve egg fry with rice, chapathi or even with bread or buns
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes