Egg keema recipe – keema or qeema recipe is made using minced meat. This recipe needs boiled egg and no meat is used. Egg keema pairs well with chapathi or plain paratha or plain rice. It also goes on a party menu well as a side to puri or naan. To make this egg keema, i suggest using a good flavorful garam masala powder or meat masala. The flavor and taste of the dish depends on the masala.
How to make egg kheema
1. Boil 4 eggs in a pot. Remove the shell and cut them to small cubes without messing up the yolk much. Set aside. Heat oil and add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf and cumin. Saute until they begin to crackle.
2. Fry finely chopped onions until slightly golden. *note: finely chopped onions blend well with the keema.
3. Fry ginger garlic paste until the raw smell goes off.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and saute until they turn completely mushy.
5. Add turmeric, chili powder and garam masala or meat masala. I suggest adding coriander powder too if the masala has a very sharp taste. Saute until the raw smell of the red chili powder and tomatoes goes off. I used this homemade garam masala.
6. This step is optional. Green peas or soaked cashews can be used. Saute until the raw smell goes away.
7. Add very little water, salt, handful of pudina and coriander leaves. You can add kasuri methi instead of pudina. Cook until the water almost evaporates and a thick curry base is left. Check the salt if needed add more.
8. Do not add eggs in thin gravy otherwise yolks begin to melt off. Add chopped eggs to thick curry. Stir gently for the masala to coat the egg well. Take care not to stir vigorously else the yolk will begin to turn mushy.
Garnish with mint or coriander. Serve egg keema with chapathi , naan or plain paratha.
Egg keema recipe below
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 4 boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¾ cup onions finely chopped
- 1 green chili slit
- ½ cup tomatoes chopped
- salt as needed
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp red chili powder (adjust)
- ¾ to 1 tsp meat masala or garam masala
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ cup green peas or ¼ cup cashews (optional)
- 1 handful mint / pudina coriander leaves
- Hard boil eggs and set aside. When cooled chop them gently to small cubes. Set aside.
- Saute cinnamon, cloves, cumin, bayleaf in hot oil until they begin to sizzle.
- Add onions and fry until they turn golden. Saute ginger garlic paste till the raw smell vanishes. Fry tomatoes together with onions until mushy.
- Add chili powder and meat masala.
- Saute until the raw smell goes off. Fry cashews or peas for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add very little water, salt, pudina and coriander leaves.
- Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add chopped eggs and mix gently until egg is coated well with masala.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes