Eggless apple cake recipe – Soft, moist & delicious apple cake made without eggs. This apple cake is super simple to make & can be baked in a oven, cooker or even in a pot. It has a delicate aroma of apple & cinnamon with a light texture.
I have used organic all purpose flour but it can be baked with half wheat flour and half all purpose flour. If you like the intense nutty flavor of whole wheat in cakes then you can make it using only whole wheat flour.
Whole wheat flour usually makes the eggless cakes dense so I have not used it here.
If you do not have a oven, then you can bake this following this post on Cooker cake recipe. If you are a beginner do watch the video.
I have made this eggless apple cake with butter as it enhances the flavor of cake. However the recipe works with oil as well.
Preparation for eggless apple cake
1. Wash the apples. I used 2 medium sized apples. Do not use very sour apples as it makes the cake sour.
2. Peel and cube them. Add them to a blender.
3. Make a smooth puree.
4. Pour milk to a mixing bowl. Do not use chilled milk. Add sugar.
5. Measure and use only half cup of the apple puree. I was left with just another 2 to 3 tbsp of the puree which I stirred in my black tea and strained.
6. Melt butter and use only 1/3 cup.
7. Pour ¾ tbsp vinegar or lemon juice to activate the soda. I used apple cider vinegar. I am not sure if you can skip this. I also added 1 tsp vanilla extract which you can skip as the cinnamon powder we are using is good enough to flavor the cake.
8. Give all these a good mix. It is just fine even if the sugar doesn’t dissolve.
How to make eggless apple cake
9. Place a sieve over the mixing bowl. Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt if desired. Please be sure that you measure baking powder & soda correctly without interchanging one for the other.
10. Give a good stir.
11. Sieve and begin to incorporate the dry ingredients with the wet.
12. Do not over mix. Just mix until both are well combined.
13. Pour to the cake pan. Tap the pan to the counter 2 to 3 times.
14. Bake at 170 C for 26 to 30 mins. A cake tester inserted comes out clean or with slight crumbs. Leave the cake pan on the wired rack for 5 to 7 mins.
15. Then invert it and cool completely.
Slice eggless apple cake only after it has cooled completely. I sprinkled some powdered sugar.
Easy eggless cake recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or organic maida
- 2 medium apples – ½ cup apple puree
- ½ cup sugar organic
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder or dalchini powder
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- ½ cup milk or water (do not use cold milk)
- ¾ tbsp vinegar
Preparation for eggless apple cake
- Grease a 6 by 2 inch pan and line with a parchment paper. Preheat the oven at 170 C for at least 15 mins.
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature. Wash and peel the apples. Chop and puree them in a mixer. For this apple cake we need only ½ cup puree.
- Mix together milk, vinegar, melted butter, sugar and ½ cup apple puree in a large mixing bowl. Rest for 5 mins and whisk well until it turns uniform. It’s just fine if the sugar does not dissolve completely.
- Place a sieve over the mixing bowl and add flour, baking soda, baking powder, & cinnamon. Gently mix them with a fork and sieve to the bowl.
- Mix the wet & dry ingredients using a spatula just until combined. Do not over mix.
Baking eggless apple cake
- Pour the batter to the cake pan. Tap it on the counter a few times.
- Bake it for 25 to 30 mins. Mine takes about 26 to 29 mins. This may vary depending on the oven.
- A tester inserted comes out clean it with slight crumbs. Cool the pan on a wire rack for 5 mins.
- Gently invert it on a wire rack. The cake is delicate so handle with care.
- Allow apple cake to cool completely and slice. You can dust some powdered sugar or drizzle some melted chocolate.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes