Eggless banana bread recipe video – Delicious, moist and soft eggless banana bread that is vegan too. I do not prefer eggless bakes since many of them do not yield the same texture as the ones with eggs. But each time I share a baking recipe with eggs, I do get lot of requests for eggless version too. Since the eggless ones need a a lot of trials and experimentation I do not get to share them often here.
I had tried many eggless banana bread recipes and finally loved this one from Madhu’s blog.
This recipe will yield you moist, delicious & healthy banana bread.
Eggless banana bread recipe
Eggless banana bread recipe | How to make vegan banana bread recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 2 cups flour (whole wheat flour or whole pastry flour or plain flour/ maida)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup oil (80 ml) or ½ cup melted butter (I used virgin coconut oil)
- ¾ to 1 cup sugar , organic
- 2 bananas , large , or 3 medium sized mashed or pureed
- ¼ cup water + 1 to 2 tbsps
- 2 tsps lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ to ½ cup walnuts , chopped , (optional)
Preparation for eggless banana bread
- Preheat the oven to 170 C or 160 C if using a fan forced Oven.
- Grease a loaf pan and set aside. Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before you proceed.
- Sieve together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
Making eggless banana bread
- Mash bananas very well in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and water. Mix well until the sugar melts completely.
- Pour vanilla, lemon juice and oil. Mix again
- Add half of the flour and gently mix. Add the rest and mix just until well combined. Make sure the mixture is lump free. You can add nuts now or later.
- Pour this to the greased pan.
- If nuts were not added to the batter, sprinkle them on top.
- Knock the pan to the kitchen counter a few times.
- Bake for 60 mins to 70 mins. A skewer inserted must come out clean.
- Allow the eggless banana bread to cool a bit and remove to a wired rack.
- Cool completely and then slice it.
- Serve eggless banana bread with milk or tea.
Video of eggless banana bread recipe
Preparation for eggless banana bread recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C. Grease a loaf or bread pan and set aside. Bring all the ingredients to room temperature.
2. Sieve together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set this aside.
3. Mash the bananas until very soft. You can also puree them.
4. Add sugar and water. Mix well until sugar dissolves completely.
5. Pour oil.
6. Add vanilla extract as well.
7. Next add in the lemon juice. Stir to mix well.
How to make eggless banana bread recipe
8. Add half of the flour and gently mix. Then add the rest and mix until just combined.
9. If using wheat flour add 1 tbsp of water. Mix well.
10. Batter must be lump free and consistency as shown in the picture.
11. Transfer this to a greased pan. Sprinkle nuts on top or mix with the batter before pouring it to the pan.
12. Bake for 60 to 70 mins, until the skewer comes out clean.
13. Allow the eggless banana bread to cool completely.
Slice eggless banana bread with a serrated knife.