Fried egg sandwich, a 10 mins quick egg breakfast recipe you can make even on a busy morning. With just few ingredients you can make this delicious and nutritious breakfast. You will need some eggs, bread, few fresh salad veggies, butter/oil and seasonings like salt and pepper. Veggies like lettuce, cabbage, onions, tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber and grated carrots go well in this fried egg sandwich.
Fried egg sandwich is a kind of sandwich in which fried eggs are placed in between the toasted bread slices along with veggies and your favorite spread. You can use any spread like mayonnaise or cheese spread or even Greek yogurt.
To keep the recipe simple, I haven’t used any cheese. You may place some cheese slices over the eggs when you fry them in the pan. Here I have toasted the bread in a pan. You may toast them in a toaster or oven or air fryer.
How to Make Fried Egg Sandwich
1. Butter 2 bread slices with 1 tablespoon butter and toast it in a pan while you prepare the veggies. Remove the bread to a tray. Julienned veggies or thinly sliced veggies go well for this. If using tomatoes, deseed and slice them. Set aside all the veggies. You can also include green chilies for little heat.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the same pan.
3. Break the egg directly to the pan. Cook on a medium heat until the base firms. Sprinkle pepper and salt. You can also make multiple fried eggs at one time if the pan is big enough.
4. There are a few different ways of making fried eggs. Some don’t cook the yolk completely and like to eat the yolk runny. We prefer to cook on both the sides until the egg is fully cooked. If you prefer fully cooked eggs, turn the eggs and fry on the other side as well.
5. Add more pepper if you prefer. If you want place 1 to 2 cheese slices.
6. Spread your toasted bread with mayonnaise or any sandwich spread. Layer the veggies.
7. Place the fried egg, add more veggies.
Cover with another slice of bread. Enjoy with a cup of black tea.
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- 1 to 2 eggs
- 1½ to 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 2 bread slices
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper crushed or ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ cup veggies (shredded carrot, onions, cucumber, lettuce or cabbage)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons mayonnaise or Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1 to 2 cheese slices
How to Make Fried Egg Sandwich
- Butter the bread slices with ¾ to 1 tablespoon butter and toast them on a hot skillet until golden and crisp. You may also toast them in a toaster.
- Spread mayonnaise or Greek yogurt or cheese spread over the toasted bread. Layer the bread with veggies,
- Melt the rest of the butter in the pan.
- Break the egg to a bowl or over the melted butter in the pan directly. Cook on a medium heat until the the eggs are partially.
- Turn them over and cook on the other side just until done and not overcooked. Sprinkle black pepper and salt. Place cheese slice on the hot eggs if you want.
- Remove it to the prepares bread. Add more veggies if you want. Cover with another slice of bread.
- Serve the fried egg sandwich immediately.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes
I’m Swasthi Shreekanth, the recipe developer, food photographer & food writer behind Swasthi’s Recipes. My aim is to help you cook great Indian food with my time-tested recipes. After 2 decades of experience in practical Indian cooking I started this blog to help people cook better & more often at home. Whether you are a novice or an experienced cook I am sure Swasthi’s Recipes will assist you to enhance your cooking skills. More about me
Follow Swasthi’s Recipes