Fried egg sandwich, a 10 mins quick egg breakfast recipe for a busy day. With just 4 ingredients we can make this delicious, nutritious breakfast. All we need is egg, bread, few fresh veggies, butter/oil and seasonings like salt and pepper. Veggies like lettuce, cabbage, onions, tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber and grated carrots go well to make this fried egg sandwich.
You can find more quick egg sandwich recipes,
boiled egg sandwich
scrambled egg sandwich
chutney egg sandwich
Step by step photos on fried egg sandwich
1. Toast the bread while you prepare the veggies. Julienned veggies or thinly sliced veggies go well for this. If using tomatoes, deseed and slice them. Set aside all the veggies. You can also include green chilies for little heat.
2. Add little butter or oil to a pan and heat it.
3. Break the egg directly to the pan. Cook on a medium heat until the base firms. Sprinkle pepper and salt. You can also make multiple fried eggs at one time if the pan is big enough.
4. There are a few different ways of making fried eggs. Some don’t cook the yolk completely and like to eat the yolk runny. We prefer to cook on both the sides until the egg is fully cooked. So i flip it and cook.
5. Add more pepper if you prefer. Some people like to add cheese to the hot fried eggs.
6. Add veggies to a slice of toasted bread.
7. Place the fried egg, add more veggies.
Top with another slice of bread. Enjoy with a cup of black tea.
Fried egg sandwich | 10 mins egg breakfast recipe
Fried egg, 10 mins egg breakfast recipe.
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp butter or oil
- 2 bread slices
- 0.5 cup veggies (carrot, onions, cucumber, lettuce or cabbage)
- 1 green chili
- bell pepper / capsicum as needed
- salt as needed
- pepper as needed
How to make the recipe
- Toast the bread.
- Heat butter / oil in a pan.
- Break the egg to the pan. Cook on a medium heat.
- Flip and cook on the other side. Add cheese if desired.
- Layer the bread with veggies, Place the fried egg and more veggies.
- Cover with another slice of bread.