Mushroom omelette recipe – This mushroom omelet is super quick to make and tastes delicious. There is no cheese or milk used in this recipe & it is needs only a handful of ingredients that are pantry staples. Most often I am left with just a handful of mushrooms after making some recipe. I would always wonder what to do with them.
It is a great breakfast option and can be served with toasted bread or just wrapped in a roti or chapati.
1. Slice a medium onion & half cup mushrooms. Chop 2 to 3 garlic cloves, 1 to 2 green chilies and handful of coriander leaves. You can use other veggies like capsicum, carrots, cabbage etc. Set these aside.
2. Break 2 eggs to a bowl. Add ¼ teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon turmeric and ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder. (You can also use only 3 egg whites if you do not want to use the yolks.)
3. Beat the eggs until frothy.
How to make Mushroom omelette
4. Heat a pan with 1 teaspoon oil on a medium heat. Add cumin (optional), garlic and chilies. Fry them until garlic smells good.
5. Add sliced onions and mushrooms. If using bell peppers add them here.
6. On e medium high heat, saute until the mushrooms are roasted well and cooked.
7. Add coriander leaves. Stir and mix. Remove this mixture to a small plate or bowl
8. Add another tsp of oil to the pan. If the pan is too hot, switch off the stove for a while to cool down.
9. Regulate the flame to medium, pour the beaten eggs.
10. Cook until the eggs set well. Then spread the onion mushroom mixture.
11. Flip it and cook until the eggs are cooked completely. Remove to serving plate and sprinkle dried herbs if you like.
Serve mushroom omelette hot or warm as is or with bread or roti. It also goes well as a side in a meal with rice. You can also wrap it in roti or tortillas.
Mushroom omelette recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 2 eggs (prefer organic)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (more if needed)
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 to 2 green chilies chopped (or ¼ teaspoon chili flakes)
- 1 small onion sliced
- ¼ cup capsicum (bell pepper) sliced (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 2 teaspoons oil (preferably olive oil)
- 1 pinch cumin seeds (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper powder or crushed
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves or cilantro chopped (or any fresh herbs)
- ¼ teaspoon dried herbs (optional)
How to make the recipe
- Slice onions, mushrooms and bell peppers (optional). Chop garlic and green chilies.
- Break the eggs to a bowl and add salt, turmeric and pepper. Beat until frothy and keep aside.
How to make mushroom omelette
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small pan. Add cumin, when they sputter, add garlic & green chili.
- Saute them for 30 to 60 seconds. Then add onions, mushrooms & bell peppers(optional). Saute them on a slightly high heat until cooked and roasted.
- Add coriander leaves and remove to a small plate.
- To the same pan, add one more teaspoon oil and reduce the flame to medium. Pour the beaten eggs.
- Cook until the eggs are almost set, spread the roasted onions and mushrooms. Flip and cook on the other side until eggs are cooked well. Remove to a serving plate and sprinkle dried herbs if desired.
- Serve mushroom omelette hot with toasted bread or roll it in roti or tortilla. It also goes well as a side in any meal.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
If you are new to cooking, follow my detailed step by step photo instructions for best results.