Mushroom omelette recipe – Healthy, delicious, quick snack & breakfast recipe. It can also be enjoyed with bread, rice, roti or paratha. I had always wondered if egg & mushrooms together in a dish would taste good. Since it is uncommon to cook them together in the Indian cuisine, I had never tried this combination in the past. During our visits to restaurants, I did eat mushrooms with chicken in a pizza, soups, pasta a lot many times and loved them.
I have been trying mushroom recipes with eggs and chicken at home, hopefully will be able to share a few good ones. This mushroom omelette recipe is a must try for a quick breakfast if you like mushrooms. They both go well together, are compatible and even can be served to young kids.
Mushroom omelette recipe
Mushroom omelette recipe | How to make mushroom omelet recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 2 eggs (prefer organic)
- 0.5 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 to 2 green chilies chopped
- 1 onion small , sliced
- 1/4 cup capsicum sliced (optional)
- 1 pinch turmeric (optional)
- salt as needed
- 1 pinch cumin (optional)
- 1 pinch pepper powder
- 2 tsp oil (preferably olive oil)
- coriander leaves Few , chopped
- Dried herbs as desired (optional)
How to make the recipe
- Beat the eggs with salt, turmeric and pepper. Set aside.
- Saute garlic, chili and cumin in hot oil until the garlic smells good.
- Saute onions and mushrooms until cooked and roasted.
- Add coriander leaves and set aside.
- In the same pan, add one more tsp oil and pour the beaten eggs.
- When the eggs are almost set, add the roasted mushrooms. Flip and cook on the other side until eggs are cooked well.
- Serve mushroom omelette hot.
How to make mushroom omelette recipe
1. Slice a medium onion & half cup mushrooms. Chop 2 to 3 garlic cloves, 1 to 2 green chilies and handful of coriander leaves. You can use other veggies like capsicum, carrots, cabbage etc. Set these aside.
2. Break eggs to a bowl. Add salt, turmeric and pepper powder. You can also use only 3 egg whites.
3. Beat the eggs.
4. Heat a pan with oil on a medium heat. Saute cumin (optional), garlic and chilies until garlic smells good.
5. Add onions and mushrooms.
6. Saute until the mushrooms are roasted well and cooked.
7. Add coriander leaves. Stir and mix.
8. Set the mushroom onion mix aside. Add another tsp of oil to the pan. If the pan is too hot, switch off the stove for a while to cool down.
9. Pour the eggs.
10. Allow the omelet to set. Spread the onion mushroom mixture.
11. Flip it and cook until the eggs are cooked completely.
Serve mushroom omelette hot or cold.