Soya keema curry recipe – one of the delicious soya keema recipe. Soya meat also called as Vegetable textured protein is available in various forms like granules, chunks and even flour too.
Today’s soya keema curry recipe can be very well be prepared with either soya chunks or with soya granules or minced soya chunks / granules (ground). This is one of the tastiest soya keema I have ever tasted. It tastes best when prepared with ground soya meat and good with soya chunks too.
When you have a crowd for a meal, this could be one of the easiest and good tasting curry that one could prepare. It can be served with rice, roti, bread or paratha. It also goes well in lunch box. It can be refrigerated and frozen as well. If refrigerated use up within 2 days.
Soya keema curry recipe below
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- ½ cup cauliflower , minced
- ½ cup soya , ground meat (either from chunks or granules)
- ½ cup tomatoes , chopped
- 1/8 cup bell peppers (green, yellow, red, any)
- 1/8 cup green peas , fresh or frozen
- ¼ to ½ cup onions , finely chopped
- 1 green chili , chopped finely
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste or 1/2 tbsp. ginger
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp meat masala or garam masala
- ¼ tsp amchur powder (optional)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp kasuri methi
- 2 tbsp Cashew paste or melon seeds paste or 1/4 cup cream
- 1 bay leaf or 1 sprig curry leaves
- ¼ tsp Jeera or shahi jeera
- 3 to 4 green cardamoms
- 4 cloves or crushed black pepper corn
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- To make soya keema, soak soya chunks or granules in hot water till they soften, discard the water and rinse in cold water, squeeze off the excess water and set aside.
- Pulse the chunks to whatever texture you desire – smooth or coarse. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan with oil, add curry leaves or bay leaf, cumin, cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon stick. Sauté for a minute.
- Add onions, sprinkle salt and fry till golden.
- Next add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes away
- Add tomatoes, salt and turmeric. fry till tomatoes turn fully mushy
- Next add red chili powder, fry for a min
- Add soya keema , green peas, cauliflower and capsicum and fry for 3 to 4 mins
- Pour little water to bring to a consistency.
- When it comes to a boil, add kasuri methi, amchur and garam masala.
- Add the nut paste or melon seeds paste. Cook till it comes to a desired consistency.
- Off the heat and serve soya keema with rice or paratha
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes