Soya keema curry recipe – one of the delicious soya keema recipe. Soya meat also called as Vegetable textured protein is available in various forms like granules, chunks and even flour too.
Today’s soya keema curry recipe can be very well be prepared with either soya chunks or with soya granules or minced soya chunks / granules (ground). This is one of the tastiest soya keema I have ever tasted. It tastes best when prepared with ground soya meat and good with soya chunks too.
When you have a crowd for a meal, this could be one of the easiest and good tasting curry that one could prepare. It can be served with rice, roti, bread or paratha. It also goes well in lunch box. It can be refrigerated and frozen as well. If refrigerated use up within 2 days.
Soya keema curry recipe below
Soya keema curry recipe | How to make vegetarian soya keema curry
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- ½ cup cauliflower , minced
- ½ cup soya , ground meat (either from chunks or granules)
- ½ cup tomatoes , chopped
- 1/8 cup bell peppers (green, yellow, red, any)
- 1/8 cup green peas , fresh or frozen
- ¼ to ½ cup onions , finely chopped
- 1 green chili , chopped finely
- 2 to 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste or 1/2 tbsp. ginger
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp meat masala or garam masala
- ¼ tsp amchur powder (optional)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp kasuri methi
- 2 tbsp Cashew paste or melon seeds paste or 1/4 cup cream
- Dry spices (can replace with curry leaves, mustard and cumin)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 green cardamoms
- ¼ tsp. shahi jeera
- 4 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
How to make the recipe
- To make soya keema, soak soya chunks or granules in hot water till they soften, discard the water and rinse in cold water, squeeze off the excess water and set aside.
- Pulse the chunks to whatever texture you desire, set aside
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan with oil, add dry spices and sauté
- Add onions, sprinkle salt and fry till golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes away
- Add tomatoes, salt and turmeric. fry till tomatoes turn fully mushy
- Add red chili powder, fry for a min
- Add ground soya , green peas, cauliflower and capsicum and fry for 3 to 4 mins
- Pour little water to bring to the consistency you desire
- When it comes to a boil, add kasuri methi, amchur , garam masala
- Add the nut paste or melon seeds paste. Cook till it comes to a desired consistency.
- Off the heat and serve soya keema with rice or paratha