Sunday, 23 June 2013
Brinjal Potato Recipe - Spicy Eggplant Potato Stir fry
This Brinjal Potato Recipe is a stir fry also called as the vankaya bangaladumpa vepudu in telugu is a very common side dish that goes with rice, rasam or sambar or any pulusu. The brinjal fry that I posted earlier is a very hot one that is prepared with green chilies, green peas and milk is added for an extra taste. Today’s recipe is different, red chili powder and garam masala are used.
Do check out my other Brinjal recipes that I have posted earlier
Chili Brinjal Fry | Vankaya Vepudu (using Milk for additional taste.)
gutti vankaya Kura | enne badanekai recipe
Serves 3 to 4
2 small potatoes boiled and cubed
½ cup of onions
1 green chili chopped small
¾ cup of eggplant or brinjal sliced
1 sprig curry leaves
¼ tsp urad dal
½ tsp. chana dal
¾ tsp. ginger garlic paste
½ tsp red chili powder
½ tsp basic garam masala
Chopped coriander leaves (optional)
Lemon juice (optional, use if you get itch eating brinjal)
1 to 2 tbsps. oil
Salt to taste
1. Boil potatoes, peel the skin and cube and set aside. you can use baby potatoes too
2. Cut the brinjals and soak them in salted water till you use
3. Heat a pan with oil, add mustard, cumin, dals, fry till you get an aroma of the fried dals. Do not burn them. add curry leaves, sauté
4. Add onions and chilies, fry till the onions turn translucent
5. Add ginger garlic paste, sauté for a min
6. Add brinjal ,sprinkle salt and fry for 2 to 3 mins
7. Cover and cook till the brinjals are fully done.
8. Add the boiled potatoes, red chili powder and garam masala. mix well
9. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 mins. keep stirring it occasionally
Garnish with coriander leaves if desired.
Serve with rice, rasam or sambar.