Apple juice recipe – with & without a juicer. Raw apple juice is one of the most refreshing & healthy beverages that is full of Vitamins & Minerals. There are 2 different ways of making apple juice. One – to boil the apples and make a juice which can be preserved for quite some time even without refrigeration. Second method is juicing fresh apples either in a blender, centrifugal juicer or a slow juicer / masticating juicer.
The first method may be good for those who grow apples in their orchard and want to use up the surplus. I am sharing the second method i.e Juicing raw apples for optimal health benefits.
Here are the health benefits of consuming raw apple juice
- Builds overall immunity helping the body to fight against frequent cold, coughs and infections.
- Beautiful, flawless and blemish free skin keeping wrinkles, acne and pigmentation at bay.
- Improves appetite and digestion.
- Detoxifies the body and reduces cholesterol.
To make fresh apple juice, it is good to choose apples that are low acidic and sweet. Apples that are high in acid levels are sour tasting & are good for cooking, baking, making vinegar etc. To make raw apple juice low acidic apple varieties like Ambrosia, Juliet, Royal gala and Fuji are a good choice since they taste naturally sweet and sweetener can be avoided.
Apples are one of the fruits that are grown and maintained using lot of pesticides, wax etc. Though the freshness and look of the organic apples aren’t as great as the regular ones, we still buy organic apples since apples are one of the most consumed fruit in my home.
I had made this using a slow juicer, but I have also mentioned how to make it in a blender.
How to make apple juice
1. Wash apples under running water. If you prefer to use the skin, then make sure they are at room temperature and spray vinegar. Set these aside for 5 mins. Rub them gently with sea salt and rinse off under running water.
2. Though we use organic apples, I prefer to discard the skin before juicing. Apple skin has a natural substance known as pectin which is highly beneficial for health, so many folks prefer to use up the skin for juicing. Keep your juicer or blender jar ready before you begin to peel and cut them as they turn brown quickly.
3. There may be many ways of cutting apples, but I do it as shown in the image below. You can also use a apple slicer or a corer. The whole apple can be directly added to many slow juicer chutes, but we prefer to discard the seeds and the core since there may be infestations inside the core.
4. Cut the apples to a size that fits your juicer chute. If making in a blender then cut to small pieces. Since I made it in a slow juicer, I cut each apple to 4 pieces & discard the core.
5. If making in a blender, you may not be able to blend all 4 apples at one time. Start with 2 apples and add about ½ cup water or orange juice along with the other ingredients. For more pulpy varieties you may need to add more liquid. Keep blending and add more water or juice. Pour this to a strainer and collect the juice in a large bowl. With the help of a spoon press down the pulp.
If made in a slow juicer 8 large apples yield about 1 liter juice.
Serve apple juice immediately before it begins to oxidize and reduce the nutrition levels.
Apple juice recipe card below
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 4 apples preferably low acid kind
Optional (any one or two)
- ½ lemon small , (skip if using sour apples)
- ½ inch ginger piece
- 1 cup water or orange juice or any fruit juice as needed (if making in a blender)
- 1 pinch pink salt
- 1 handful holy basil (tulsi) or mint leaves (pudina)
- Wash apples thoroughly under running water.
- If you wish to keep the skin on for juicing, make sure the apples are at room temperature. Then spray vinegar and set aside for 5 mins. Rub them with sea salt and rinse well under running water.
- Cut the apples and remove the core and seeds.
- Add them to a blender jar along with the other ingredients. If using a juicer, then run the machine and add them to the chute.
- If made in a blender, pass it through a strainer.
- Serve apple juice fresh immediately
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes