Broccoli corn recipe – Sweet corn broccoli stir fry. Healthy, quick and easy broccoli stir fry made with corn and carrots. This broccoli recipe just takes about 20 minutes to make 3 servings. This broccoli stir fry can be made with any veggies of your choice like corn, carrots, potato, sweet potato, bell pepper or even with paneer. This goes well with plain rice or with roti or can be used as a stuffing to make broccoli corn cheese sandwich.
It also goes good in the lunch box to pair with any variety rice dishes. Addition of some cooked white rice to this stir fry will make a quick broccoli sweet corn rice. Though not much of a recipe, wanted to share the ideas for kids’ lunch box
Broccoli corn recipe – stir fry
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- oil as needed
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt as needed
- chili powder as needed
- garam masala or kitchen king masala as needed
- Heat oil in a pan and fry cumin and garlic.
- Add veggies and saute until cooked.
- Add spice powders, salt and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve sweet corn broccoli stir fry with rice, roti or as a stuffing in sandwich or wraps.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes
Step by step photos on quick sweet corn broccoli stir fry
1. Heat 3 to 4 cups of water in a large pot. Stir in some salt and add broccoli florets. Leave it for 2 minutes, Rinse them under running water. Drain off in a colander. If using tender corn you can use directly or boil them until tender.
2. Heat oil in a pan and saute cumin until it begins to splutter. Add garlic or ginger and saute for a while until it gets fried a bit.
3. Add broccoli, corn and chopped carrots. You can also use green chili, sweet potato, potato or pumkin. Begin to saute until they are almost cooked or tender.
4. Add the spice powders and chili powder, salt and stir fry for a while. A good garam masala adds a nice flavor to the dish. You can also you kitchen king masala and curry leaves if you have. When the veggies cool down a bit, i add little olive oil 1 tsp lemon juice and toss.