Chicken majestic recipe – one of the popular dry chicken recipes from hyderabad, andhra pradesh served as starter. I wonder how I forgot to share this awesome chicken majestic recipe with you all, though I made it several times. This is one of the Andhra chicken starters that is not known to many since it is mostly popular only in Hyderabad.
For hyderabadis this is not a new dish, but for the others iam sharing today how to make andhra chicken majestic or majestic chicken. This is a no egg recipe that yields soft and tender chicken that is fried or baked first and then seasoned like the popular street food chicken 65.
Chicken can be baked or pan fried or deep fried before seasoning. If you have a good amount of time to dunk the chicken strips in butter milk for at least 2 to 4 hours, then you can bake or pan fry.
If you do not have much time to soak the chicken in buttermilk then just marinate it for about 20 mins and then deep fry. The pictures you are seeing here is that of deep fried ones that I made during a friend’s visit home.
Tips and notes: This is actually a dry starter recipe, but I have also tried making it more moist by adding extra yogurt than what I mentioned in the ingredients list. That way it goes as a good side to rasam rice too as you see in this picture. If you wish to make it as a starter, stick on to the measurements mentioned below.
Chicken majestic recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Handful mint leaves or pudina leaves
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- ¼ to ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp. garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp. yogurt (thick curd) (do not use sour one)
Preparation to make majestic chicken
- Wash and cut chicken to strips to around 2 ½ inches length.
- Soak them in buttermilk and salt for at least 20 mins if deep frying. Keep for 2 to 4 hours if you wish to pan fry or bake.
- Drain up the buttermilk and add ginger garlic paste, turmeric, corn flour and red chili powder. Mix well and set aside for at least 10 mins.
If Frying in oil
- Deep fry on a medium heat. If you fry on a low heat, the chicken will turn out hard and if you fry on very high heat, the chicken will not be cooked well from inside. So once the oil is hot, reduce it to medium, wait for a min and then add chicken pieces to oil.
- Fry till these are lightly golden. Remove it to a kitchen tissue.
If grilling in oven
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for about 15 to 20 mins. Then place the chicken on a greased tray or put them on skewers.
- Grill them for 8 mins on each side or until done. Adjust the time as needed depending on the oven.
How to make chicken majestic
- Pour 1 tbsp oil to a hot pan.
- Add garlic, curry leaves and green chilies. Fry till the curry leaves turn crispy. Garlic also smells good by then.
- Next add mint leaves, red chili powder and garam masala.
- Saute quickly for a min and pour yogurt. Mix well and cook on a low flame till the moisture evaporates and becomes thick. Add soya sauce and mix.
- Add chicken. Mix for the chicken to blend well with the cooked mixture. Off the heat.
- Serve chicken majestic as a starter or as a side to rasam or rice.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes