Chocolate banana ice cream – I have these amazing chocolate banana ice cream and ice cream popsicles to share with you all. The same recipe can be used to make ice cream as well popsicles. It tastes creamy, delicious and out of this world. Yes, this is an ice cream I make during hot summers.
To make chocolate banana ice cream we don’t need an ice cream maker and all we need to do is blend well, freeze then blend well again. The fourth time I got a really smooth and creamy mixture that I was surprised at. It even blends up the banana fiber well. I have used cane sugar, you can replace it with honey, coconut sugar, refined sugar or any other sweetener of your choice.
Find chocolate banana ice cream or popsicles recipe below
chocolate banana ice cream
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 5 bananas , medium sized
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp sugar / cane sugar/ honey
- 200 ml cream optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- white chocolate Small chunks, as desired
How to make the recipe
- Slice and freeze bananas for about 2 hours.
- Mix cocoa, molasses and cream. Whisk it well to get a smooth mix.
- Blend bananas to get a creamy smooth mix. I am a bit unorganized, my bananas were out of the freezer for a while, and you can see them getting discolored and moist.
- Add the cocoa cream to the banana puree and blend well till smooth. Scrape the sides and blend.
- Transfer this to a freezer safe dish and freeze for about 1 hour.
- Blend well again to get a smooth mixture. Repeat step 5 and 6 for 3 to 4 times. By doing this you get a smooth ice cream.Freeze it until just set . Serve chocolate banana ice cream.
- If you wish to make popsicles, pour the mix in molds or even disposable cups work fine. You can foil the cups and insert ice cream sticks. Freeze for 2 to 3 hours or till they are set
- Keep the molds in a bowl of water for a min and unmold. If using disposable cups, cut them and remove the popsicles.
You can skip cream, if you do not like to use cream and fruit together, but the cream taste will be missing in the chocolate banana ice cream
How to make chocolate banana ice cream step by step
Slice and freeze bananas for about 2 hours.
Stir well cocoa, sugar and cream. Mix it well till you see a smooth mix.
Blend bananas till it becomes a smooth mix. I am a bit unorganized, my bananas were out of the freezer for a while, and you can see them getting discolored and moist.
Add cocoa cream to the smooth banana and blend well again till smooth. Scrape off the sides and blend again.
Pour this in a freezer safe dish and freeze for about 1 hour.
Blend well again to get a smooth mixture. Repeat freezing and blending for 3 to 4 times or to suit your convenience and choice. This gives a smooth chocolate banana ice cream.
If you want to serve it as a ice cream, just freeze it until set and serve immediately. Garnish with white chocolate or sprinkles or nuts.
The last time you blend if you desire to make popsicles, you can pour the mix in molds or even disposable cups would work fine. Foil the cups and insert ice cream sticks. Freeze for 2 to 3 hours or till they are set. When you want to remove the popsicles just keep the molds in a bowl of water for a min and remove. If using disposable cups, cut them up and remove the popsicle.