Mango kulfi recipe with video & step by step photos – Kulfi is an Indian ice cream made with milk, sugar and other flavoring ingredients. There are a few different variations of making it and the method I am sharing here is one of them. Mango kulfi can be made from scratch by evaporating the milk for long time and then cooling it down then adding the mango pulp.
This method takes quite long and is a tedious process, so I went ahead making this no cook mango kulfi using condensed milk and cream.
There will be no formation of ice crystals in this instant mango kulfi due to the high fats used. This recipe uses no milk. Homemade malai, fresh cream or whipping cream can be used. Choose mature ripe mangoes that are sweet and not sour. Using sour mangoes in this recipe may upset the tummy.
I have used 120 ml stainless steel cups, since I do not own kulfi moulds & do not prefer plastic popsicle moulds. You can use any of these.
1. Soak saffron in 2 tbsps of hot water. You may also replace it with any natural organic food color. Add mango cubes to a blender. I have used fresh medium sized mango which measured about 1 and a 1/2 cups. You can also use tinned mangoes.
2. Add whipping cream. If you don’t have whipping cream you can use 250 ml of regular fresh cream which has at least 25% fats.
3. Add cardamom powder and saffron.
4. Pour condensed milk.
5. Blend to a smooth puree.
6. Add chopped pistas. Give a good stir.
How to make mango kulfi
7. Pour the mixture to the kulfi molds or Popsicle moulds. I have used steel cups since I don’t prefer aluminium ans plastic containers.
8. Cover them with a foil and pierce a Ice cream stick gently. Refrigerate until set.
9. Remove the foil and rub the glass in between your palms or dip the bottom part of the cups in a bowl of water. Gently pull out.
Garnish mango kulfi with finely chopped pistachios.
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 ½ cups mango pieces, cubed , (use sweet mango) (1 medium)
- ½ tin sweetened condensed milk (milkmaid)
- 200 ml whipping cream or 250 ml cream (chilled, refer notes)
- ¼ tsp elaichi (cardamom powder)
- 1 Pinch kesar (saffron) (optional, for color)
- Soak kesar or saffron in 2 tbsp hot water. This is optional.
- Wash and peel mango. Chop them to cubes and add to a blender jar.
- Add chilled cream, saffron, condensed milk and cardamom powder to the jar.
- Blend on a medium speed until smooth.
How to make mango kulfi
- Transfer to kulfi moulds or steel cups or Popsicle moulds.
- Cover and freeze them overnight or until set.
- Rub the moulds in between your palms or dip them in a bowl of water. You can also keep them under running water.
- Gently loosen and remove mango kulfi.
- Garnish with crushed pista. Serve immediately.
You can also use canned mango puree. If you don’t have whipping cream you can use 250 ml of regular fresh cream which has at least 25% fats.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes