Oreo ice cream recipe without ice cream maker. My kids go crazy for the Oreo cookies and I rarely let them eat as they are allergic to Oreo like many other kids. This ice cream was made not for the kids but for myself and a friend. I was digging my refrigerator to find if I can make something quick, I had a pack of coconut cream which I used to whip up this ice cream. It just took 7 to 8 minutes to whip up and around 90 minutes to set. It is a wonderful dessert to share with family and friends.
To make oreo ice cream, you can use any cream with at least 25% fat, I have used coconut cream here. Coconut cream is amazing and adds taste and flavor to any desserts. When used for an ice cream, it’s just wonderful with a great texture and flavor. This coconut oreo ice cream doesn’t melt up quickly like the one made using dairy cream, since it contains a very small quantity of gaur gum used for stabilizing.
You can replace Oreo with your favorite cookies.
Notes: coconut cream is different from coconut milk. Coconut cream is labelled as coconut cream and not coconut milk. The consistency of this is thicker than the regular coconut milk and there is not much of water to discard after refrigeration, so I use up the entire content for whipping.
Coconut oreo ice cream recipe below
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 500 ml coconut cream or heavy cream or any cream with at least 25% fats
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (adjust to suit your taste)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 10 to 14 Oreo cookies or any other cookies of your choice
- Refrigerate the cream for overnight.
- Transfer the entire content to a bowl for whipping, add powdered sugar.
- Whip it until peaks form for about 4 mins.
- Mix cookies gently with the cream and transfer it to an freezer safe bowl
- Allow it to set for about 1 ½ hours to overnight.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Coconut cream is different from coconut milk
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
© Swasthi’s Recipes
How to make oreo ice cream without an ice cream maker
1. I used organic sugar, coconut cream and vanilla (scraped off a bit). but i recommend vanilla extract.
2. Refrigerated coconut cream for about 90 minutes.This is how it was when i opened it up
3. I poured the entire content of coconut cream(including liquid ) to a bowl along with powdered sugar and vanilla. Read my notes mentioned above
4. whipped it until you see soft peaks.
5. Broke the oreo cookies and gently stirred into the cream and transferred to small freezer safe bowls. I prefer to use multiple containers for convenient use.