Oats sesame ladoo recipe or oats peanut laddu – Healthy ladoo that go well in the snack box or as after school or evening snack. If you have a family member who do not like to eat oats, then this is a must try recipe. They taste very delicious with a great aroma of roasted sesame seeds or peanuts, cardamom and jaggery and do not have the taste of oats in them.
I have used organic white sesame seeds but can be made of black sesame seeds too. Sometimes the black variety lend a bitter taste so make sure they taste good before you make these. You can also use peanuts instead of sesame seeds to make oats peanut ladoo.
I make many kinds of healthy ladoos often for the kids snack box since they can be made easily under 20 to 30 mins. These ladoos can also be served to baby/ toddlers from 1 year on wards since they have a melt in the mouth texture. These also help to prevent constipation. For more laddu recipes, you can check this collection of 31 ladoo recipes.
The natural oils in the sesame seeds or peanuts helps to bind the ladoo well without the use of any ghee.
How to make oats sesame ladoo
1. Dry roast oats on a medium to low flame until lightly golden. Set these aside.
2. Dry roast sesame seeds until they begin to smell good. If using peanuts roast until golden. Cool completely and remove the skin by rubbing them in between your palms. Cool them completely.
2. Grate jaggery or palm jaggery or coconut palm sugar. Try to use the one that is clean.
3. Add cardamom, oats and sesame or peanuts to a blender.
4. Powder finely.
5. I set aside half of the oats and sesame powder, not to over load the jar. Then added half of the powdered jaggery.
6. Run the blender. when the mixture is fresh , take small portions and roll to balls. Now add the other half of jaggery and oats sesame powder to jar. Blend well and make the balls. For the quantity i mentioned you will be able to make around 14 medium sized balls. If you have a bigger jar, you can make all in one batch.
Store them in a airtight container.
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 cup oats (i used organic rolled)
- 1 cup sesame or peanuts
- 3 to 4 green cardamoms / elaichi
- 1 ¼ to 1 ½ cup jaggery grated / palm jaggery/ coconut palm sugar (adjust)
- On a medium heat dry roast oats and sesame separately until lightly golden.
- Cool them. If using peanuts, toast them and remove the skin.
- Powder oats and sesame seeds in a blender, set aside half.
- Add half of the jaggery and blend well. Set this aside.
- Repeat blending the other half.
- Roll to balls.
- Store oats ladoo in a air tight jar.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
© Swasthi’s Recipes