Paneer bhurji sandwich recipe made on a tawa under 10 mins. Sandwiches are a good time savers during the busy days when one doesn’t have much time to cook. This paneer bhurji sandwich is no exception and can be made for a quick breakfast or even a meal for 2 under 10 mins.
I usually make fresh paneer for any recipes that call for crumbled paneer, so this one too I used fresh homemade paneer that was made using 2 cups full fat milk & 1½ tsp lemon juice. But this recipe works good even with store bought frozen paneer. This tawa paneer sandwich recipe is a kids friendly recipe and can be served even to toddlers.
There is no chopping of onions or tomatoes involved except using the raw slices, so that does the trick of saving some time. This can be made on a tawa/ griddle, sandwich toaster, grill or even can be made in oven. I have made this in a skillet since I feel that is the quickest way.
How to make paneer bhurji sandwich
1. Smear softened butter or ghee over the bread slices and toast them until golden. If you are making 2 servings, Take a larger skillet and toast them all at one time or two. If you prefer to toast or grill the sandwiches then skip doing it on the tawa.
2. While the bread toasts, slice an onion and tomato. Set aside all the bread slices.
3. Add 1.5 tsp oil to the pan and saute chili, garlic and cumin. You can also use ginger in place of garlic. Saute until the garlic turns golden.
4. Add the crumbled paneer. Switch off the stove.
5. Add salt, turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala, amchur powder or lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
6. Mix everything well.
7. Place this on the bread.
8. Then layer onions & tomatoes. You can also add very thin slices of yellow and red bell peppers.
9. You can place lettuce or coriander leaves. You can also add green chutney or chili sauce.
10. Cover with another slice of bread. Gently press down. You can also grill these now until golden if you have not toasted at step 1.
Halve the paneer bhurji sandwich and serve.
Paneer bhurji sandwich recipe
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- 4 slices bread (prefer brown or whole meal)
- 2 tsps butter or ghee
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin / Jeera
- 1 tsp garlic or ½ tsp grated ginger
- Salt as needed
- 1 Pinch turmeric / haldi
- ½ to ¾ tsp red chilli powder or 1 to 2 green chilies chopped
- ¼ to ½ tsp garam masala (use as needed)
- ¼ tsp amchur or 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 onion medium sized
- 1 tomato medium sized
- 1/3 cup paneer crumbled
- Smear butter or ghee over the bread and toast until golden on one side. You can skip toasting if you prefer to make it in a toaster or grill.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee, add ginger/ garlic and cumin. Saute until garlic smells good. Switch off the stove.
- Add paneer, red chili powder, masala powder, turmeric, salt, coriander leaves, lemon juice or amchur powder and mix very well. Do not cook further. Taste and check the spice and salt levels.
- Place this over the bread and place onion rings, tomatoes, coriander leaves and other leafy greens like lettuce if you have.
- You can also grill or toast these in a electric oven or toaster or griller.
- Halve the paneer bhurji sandwich and serve.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes
I’m Swasthi Shreekanth, the recipe developer, food photographer & food writer behind Swasthi’s Recipes. My aim is to help you cook great Indian food with my time-tested recipes. After 2 decades of experience in practical Indian cooking I started this blog to help people cook better & more often at home. Whether you are a novice or an experienced cook I am sure Swasthi’s Recipes will assist you to enhance your cooking skills.
Follow Swasthi’s Recipes