Kaddu ki sabzi or pumpkin curry recipe – learn how to make kaddu ki sabzi, a simple and easy pumpkin curry
Pumpkins are loaded with nutrients and is often used at home. This pumpkin curry is so easy and simple to make and pairs well with roti, rice, millets or even with phulka or chapathi.
To make this kaddu ki sabzi, we need only a few basic ingredients and gets done under 25 minutes. This curry tastes mildly hot, spicy, flavorful and delicious. The specialty of this sabji or curry is that it is cooked on a low flame almost with its own moisture, hence the taste and flavor is great.
Optional ingredients one can use to make this kaddu ki sabzi are amchur and kasuri methi or curry leaves.This is the kaddu or pumpkin i used.
How to make kaddu ki sabzi
1. Heat up a heavy bottom pan with oil, when the oil turns hot, add cumin. when they splutter add ginger and fry till the raw smell goes off.
2. Add onions and salt . stir and fry well.
3. Allow the onions to turn golden.
4. Add kaddu and then fry for about two to three minutes.
5. Add chili powder, garam masala and then turmeric.
6. Mix everything well and fry for another two to three minutes.
7. Cover and cook on a low flame till the pumpkin is cooked. if needed sprinkle water. Stir to prevent burning.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 tsp ginger grated or crushed
- ½ tsp cumin
- Oil as needed
- 1 ¼ cup onions
- 2 cups pumpkin cubed
- Salt as needed
- ½ to ¾ tsp garam masala or curry powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- coriander leaves Few, for garnish
- Add oil to a pan and heat it. Add cumin allow it to crackle.
- Add ginger and fry.
- When the ginger emits a good aroma, add onions and sprinkle salt.
- Fry till the onions turn golden.
- Add pumpkin and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle red chili powder, turmeric and garam masala
- Mix everything well and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cover and cook on a low flame, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- After a while, pumpkin begins to release moisture, if it doesn’t sprinkle little water as needed.
- When soft cooked, switch off the stove and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
© Swasthi’s Recipes