Simple cheese omelette recipe for Breakfast or Evening snack. Vegetable Omelet is one of the quickest and healthy breakfast that one can make in few minutes at any time. I make omelet often at home as a side for our dinner and some times even for breakfast when I run out of time. This simple cheese omelette is good to have for breakfast and can be made just under 5 minutes.
To make this cheese omelet I have used bell peppers & onions, you can also use some mushrooms & carrots. It can also be served with a slice of bread or roti or rolled up to a a wrap with some fresh veggies like lettuce, cabbage, onions.
How to make cheese omelet recipe
1. Chop the veggies. I used onions and bell peppers. Other commonly used veggies are tomatoes, carrots and mushrooms. We will need 2 eggs for this recipe.
2. Beat the eggs until frothy.
3. Add oil to a hot pan. Saute the veggies with salt until done to your liking.
4. Add spice powders – chili powder & garam masala.
5. Spread the mixture, then pour the eggs.
6. Allow to cook until the base is set, then flip it.
7. When it is cooked on both the sides, spread grated cheese as desired. You can also skip garam masala, red chili powder & add Italian herbs if you like.
8. Fold the omelette and cook on a low heat until the cheese melts.
9. Serve cheese omelette hot or warm.
Simple cheese omelette recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup onions & bell peppers heaped, (use whatever you like)
- Salt little ( cheese is salted so use little)
- coriander leaves few, chopped
- 1 ¼ tsp oil
- Cheese as desired (cheddar or mozzarella) (¼ cup goes well)
- 2 pinches red chilli powder
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 2 pinches garam masala or any spice powder or Italian herbs
- Whisk eggs well in a bowl.
- Heat a pan with oil, when it is just hot enough add the onions, other veggies & salt. Saute on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add garam masala, turmeric and red chili powder. Mix well. Spread the mixture.
- Reduce the flame to medium and pour the eggs.
- Allow to cook until the base is set. Flip it and cook.
- Fry it to and fro on both the sides until fully cooked. Then add the grated cheese as desired.
- Fold it half way and cook on a low heat until the cheese melts.
- Serve cheese omelette warm.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
© Swasthi’s Recipes