Bread omelette sandwich recipe – Quick and easy breakfast sandwich recipe made with bread and eggs. Bread omelet sandwich is one of the street foods of India and is made with tons of variations. Some places even customize the bread omelet to suit the customer’s tastes as per the order.
As with all egg or cheese recipes, this sandwich too has to be consumed within 2 hours of preparing it if not refrigerated. So it is not safe to pack this in the tiffin or lunch box unless it is refrigerated.
Tips for bread omelette
- I have made this sandwich without any chutney, but I have tried this with schezwan sauce, tomato sauce & green chutney on different occasions & felt the sauce really enhances the flavor of the bread omelet. So for variations you can try with this green chutney or schezwan sauce.
- You can also make this sandwich without cheese. I have used mozzarella cheese. Feel free to replace it with cheddar cheese. You can also skip the cheese and just make the bread omelet.
- If you follow the food combining rules, then avoid using tomato sauce.
- For health reasons, favor brown bread or multi grain bread.
- You can also sprinkle some chaat masala on the sandwich
Preparation for bread omelet
1. Beat the eggs in a bowl until frothy.
2. Add chopped onions, chilies, bell peppers, salt & coriander leaves.
3. Beat well until the veggies are incorporated.
How to make omelette sandwich
4. Heat a pan with oil on a medium flame. When the pan turns hot, pour the beaten eggs. When the mixture begins to firm up shape to a square.
5. Flip it and fry on a medium heat until the egg is cooked completely.
6. Place a slice of cheese or grated cheese over the omelet.
7. Lower the flame. Place a bread slice on the pan and transfer the egg omelet to the bread. Cover it with another slice of bread. Add a generous amount of butter.
8. Flip and toast it on both the sides on a low flame until the cheese begins to melt. Press it down with a spatula while you toast the bread. Alternately you can also toast this in a hot sandwich toaster.
Serve bread omelet as a breakfast or brunch.
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 2 slices bread brown
- 1 egg large or 2 small eggs
- 1.5 tsps oil
- Salt as needed
- Pinch turmeric
- Pepper crushed as desired (optional)
- 2 pinches sandwich masala or chaat masala (optional)
- 2 tbsps onions chopped
- 1 tbsp capsicum chopped
- 1 green chili chopped
- coriander leaves or cilantro chopped, few
- 1 tsp butter
- Cheese slice or grated cheese as desired
- Tomato ketchup or sandwich chutney or any other chutney
- Chop onion, chilies, coriander leaves and capsicum. Rinse a bowl and break the egg to it. Discard the shell. Beat the egg until frothy. Add the chopped onions, chilies, coriander and capsicum. Add salt and turmeric. Beat the mixture once more.
- If you like you can butter the bread and then with chutney or ketchup. Add oil to a pan and heat it. Pour the beaten eggs and allow to cook until the base firms up.
- While it cooks, you can also shape it to a square with the help of spatula. Flip it and fry until the egg is completely cooked. Flip it back and place your cheese slice on the omelette. Lift up the omelette with a spatula.
- Place a bread slice on the tawa and place the omelette along with cheese. Place another slice of bread and toast until the cheese melts. Cheese will melt very quickly under 2 minutes since the omelette is very hot.
- Halve the bread omelette sandwich and serve hot or warm with a cup of tea.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes