Oats egg omelette recipe | Oats omelet | Oats recipes for breakfast
Oats egg omelette – One of the quick and healthy egg recipes for breakfast. For the weekdays Idli sambar, dosa, pesarattu are our most preferred breakfasts at home as they are protein rich and keep us full for long hours. But then they do take a long time to make and has to be planned ahead.
As a stand by, I have some quick ideas & recipes for breakfast that can be made in a jiffy without any planning and are healthy as well. This oats omelette is one of them. It very similar to the regular egg omelet or mushroom omelet. All we need here is a good amount of chopped veggies, eggs or egg whites and oats.
This Oats egg omelette can also be had for a light lunch or dinner too and is quite filling and heavy. It can also be made only with egg whites, the quantity of oat flour has to be reduced to 2 tbsp.
1. Wash and chop veggies as needed. I used 2 tbsp onions, 2 tbsp capsicum, 2 tbsp grated carrot, 2 tbsp deseeded and chopped firm tomato. 2 green chilies chopped, cilantro (coriander leaves) chopped finely. You can also use spring onions, cabbage. Set these aside.
2. To a bowl add oat flour, salt, turmeric, pepper powder, any spice powder and oregano if you have. To make oat flour process ¼ cup oats to a fine flour in a mixer or processor. You will get around ¼ cup (heaped) flour.
3. Add 3 tbsp milk to the flour and make a lump free batter. If you follow the ayurvedic food combining rules, then egg and milk do not go well as they are not compatible with each other. So You can use vegan milk, oat milk goes very well for this.
4. Break 2 eggs to the bowl.
5. Beat them all together with a fork until lightly frothy. The mixture must be of a pouring consistency. If your eggs are very small, you may need to add in 1 to 2 tbsp. more milk.
How to make oats egg omelette
6. Add 1.5 tsp oil to a pan. Heat it.
7. Set the flame to medium. When the pan is hot enough, pour the egg mixture.
8. Mix all the veggies and layer them. Gently press the veggies with a spatula.
9. When the base is firm enough, flip it. Cook until the other side is fully cooked.
10. If you like you can sprinkle pepper powder and chaat masala.
Serve oats egg omelette.
If you are looking for healthy ways to include oatmeal in your diet, you can check these 30 oats recipes.
You can also check
Masala oats recipe
Instant oats idli
Instant oatmeal dosa
oats egg omelette recipe
Oats egg omelette
For best results follow the step-by-step photos above the recipe card
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oats /oatmeal powdered
- 3 to 4 tbsp milk ( can use vegan milk)
- salt as needed
- 1 pinch turmeric (optional)
- oregano or any spice powder or dried herbs
- 1/8 tsp pepper powder
- oil or butter as needed
- 2 tbsp onions
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- 2 tbsp capsicum
- 2 tbsp tomato deseeded
- 2 green chilies chopped
- celery or coriander leaves few
- Mix oats flour, turmeric, salt, pepper and oregano in a bowl. Pour milk and make a batter.
- Add the eggs and beat them until lightly frothy.
- Heat a pan with oil. Pour the egg mixture.
- Add the veggies evenly.
- When the oats omelet firms up, flip it to the other side and cook until done.
- Serve hot or warm.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes
I’m Swasthi Shreekanth, the recipe developer, food photographer & food writer behind Swasthi’s Recipes. My aim is to help you cook great Indian food with my time-tested recipes. After 2 decades of experience in practical Indian cooking I started this blog to help people cook better & more often at home. Whether you are a novice or an experienced cook I am sure Swasthi’s Recipes will assist you to enhance your cooking skills.
Follow Swasthi’s Recipes
I made some tiny modifications to this, but over all it was delicious. I’ve been trying to perfect the technique of blending eggs and oats for a long time. This recipe worked great. Thank you.
Modifications. Adding cottage cheese.
1 egg (instead of 2) and 1 tbsp cottage cheese.
Thank you for trying and sharing how it turned out for you.
Love that you added cottage cheese.
You’re doing such a noble job. Love you
Thank you so much!
Good execution presentation
nice recipe i must say.
can we use water instead of adding milk?
Yes Zari, you can use water
Thank u sis for your receipe. I tried it today morning. It came out really well. It was delicious.
Happy to know you liked it. Thanks for the comment
Swasthi, just happened to see your blog, loving the oats recipes. For this one, i see that you have used rolled oats. Will steel cut oats work? I am asking since steel cut oats usually takes more time to cook, wasnt sure when it is powdered.
I haven’t tried with steel cut oats. It will work but it may not be good to use as the flour doesn’t get cooked well in omelette. Since rolled oats are already steamed it is fine to use them. Hope this helps
This is absolutely delicious. I was browsing for a light healthy lunch recipe with simple ingredients. Thank you for the recipe. Pinning it.
Thanks for being here.
I tried this oats omelette and it turned out fab. I used only one egg instead of two yet it tasted great. Thanks for being the recipe. I specially like the oats section and the way you have creatively incorporated it in so many dishes. Keep rocking
Happy to know you like them. Thanks a lot for the comment.
This was really good. I didn’t used powdered oats but it tasted good anyway… Thank you so much
Tried.. awesome. Thanks
Thanks for your all these delicious recipes .Step by step photos to prepare oats
egg omelette is also good. Thanks again.
Welcome Anupam Roy
Glad to know you like the recipes.
Tried it today for evening snack, and it came out well. Thank you.
Glad to know you liked it. Thanks for trying
Tomato seeds r supposed to b v v healthy.l am a dentist and prescribe medicine made of tomato seed which r rich in antioxidant for oral cancer pt.l think seeds and b taken apart from individual taste.
Thanks a ton for the share. I am always doubtful about this. I have read it online earlier that they have many health benefits, but was not sure. This share will surely be helpful to the readers here
Oat egg omlette recipe is very interesting. I will definitely try and relish. Other recipes seem equally good..
Nice recipe…tried it today. Came out very well.
Glad to know it came out well
the oats you have used are rolled oats or quick oats???
I have used organic rolled oats. But you can use even quick oats.
very good recipe… the oats you have used are quick oats or rolled oats???
Thanks, i have used rolled oats
these recipes are really good
Thanks u so
Madam apka blag mere achchi laga. Mam please mujhe kuch sayabin ka recipe bataoge? I like sayabin.
Can I use water with the flour instead of milk?
Yes you can use water instead of milk