Oats egg omelette – One of the quick and healthy egg recipes for breakfast. For the weekdays Idli sambar, dosa, pesarattu are our most preferred breakfasts at home as they are protein rich and keep us full for long hours. But then they do take a long time to make and has to be planned ahead. As a stand by, I have some quick ideas & recipes for breakfast that can be made in a jiffy without any planning and are healthy as well. This oats omelette is one of them, very similar to the egg omelet or mushroom omelet. All we need is a good amount of chopped veggies, eggs or egg whites and oat.
This Oats egg omelette can also be had for a light lunch or dinner too and is quite filling and heavy. It can also be made only with egg whites, the quantity of oat flour has to be reduced to 2 tbsp.
If you are looking for healthy ways to include oatmeal in your diet, you can check these 30 oats recipes.
You can also check
Masala oats recipe
oats egg omelette recipe
Oats egg omelette | Oats omelet | Oats recipes for breakfast
Oats egg omelette
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oats /oatmeal powdered
- 3 to 4 tbsp milk ( can use vegan milk)
- salt as needed
- 1 pinch turmeric (optional)
- oregano or any spice powder or dried herbs
- 1/8 tsp pepper powder
- oil or butter as needed
- 2 tbsp onions
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- 2 tbsp capsicum
- 2 tbsp tomato deseeded
- 2 green chilies chopped
- celery or coriander leaves few
How to make the recipe
- Mix oats flour, turmeric, salt, pepper and oregano in a bowl. Pour milk and make a batter.
- Add the eggs and beat them until lightly frothy.
- Heat a pan with oil. Pour the egg mixture.
- Add the veggies evenly.
- When the oats omelet firms up, flip it to the other side and cook until done.
- Serve hot or warm.
How to make oats egg omelette with step by step photos
1. Wash and chop veggies as needed. I used 2 tbsp onions, 2 tbsp capsicum, 2 tbsp grated carrot, 2 tbsp deseeded and chopped firm tomato. 2 green chilies chopped, cilantro (coriander leaves) chopped finely. You can also use spring onions, cabbage. Set these aside.
2. To a bowl add oat flour, salt, turmeric, pepper powder, any spice powder and oregano if you have. To make oat flour process ¼ cup oats to a fine flour in a mixer or processor. You will get around ¼ cup (heaped) flour.
3. Add 3 tbsp milk to the flour and make a lump free batter. If you follow the ayurvedic food combining rules, then egg and milk do not go well as they are not compatible with each other. So You can use vegan milk, oat milk goes very well for this.
4. Break 2 eggs to the bowl.
5. Beat them all together with a fork until lightly frothy. The mixture must be of a pouring consistency. If your eggs are very small, you may need to add in 1 to 2 tbsp. more milk.
6. Add 1.5 tsp oil to a pan. Heat it.
7. Set the flame to medium. When the pan is hot enough, pour the egg mixture.
8. Mix all the veggies and layer them. Gently press the veggies with a spatula.
9. When the base is firm enough, flip it. Cook until the other side is fully cooked.
10. If you like you can sprinkle pepper powder and chaat masala.
Serve oats egg omelette.