Strawberry ice cream recipe. To make this luscious eggless strawberry ice cream we need only 3 ingredients and can be made with or without an ice cream maker. It turns out to be smooth creamy and luscious with a natural flavor of strawberries and taste much better than the store bought ice creams.
I have shared 2 methods to make this ice cream. The first method needs either a hand or stand mixer or a ice cream machine. The second method just needs a high speed blender.
The first one is a no cook method & is made in just 2 steps. The strawberries are pureed along with condensed milk. Then the cream is whipped to stiff peaks.
Lastly the condensed milk & strawberry puree is mixed with whipped cream. The entire mixture is then set in the freezer. You can also churn the mixture in a ice cream machine. The strawberry ice cream that is churned is much more light and airy.
The next method is made using a blender. This method is great for those who do not have a hand mixer or a ice cream maker. All you need is just a good blender.
An important point to note with this method is not to over blend the whipping cream as it can become butter in no time.
- Ensure the bowl and beaters are well chilled before you whip the cream.
- Over whipping the cream can leave you with butter. So keep an eye on the cream while you whip it.
- In the first method too you can cook the strawberries until the moisture evaporates and then puree them. This gives a more intense flavor.
Strawberry ice cream
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1¼ cup strawberries about 200 grams
- 2 cups whipping cream with 35 to 25% fats (chilled)
- 1 can condensed milk (392 gms)
How to make the recipe
Method 1 using hand or stand mixer
- Chill the beater and bowl for at least 1 to 2 hours. If using a kitchen aid or ice cream machine, chill the bowl & beaters as mentioned by the manufacturer.
- Wash strawberries, drain the water and dry them on a kitchen towel. Make sure there is no dripping water from the strawberries, any dripping water will form crystals in the ice cream once it is set. Puree the strawberries in a blender until smooth and pass it through a filter. Set this aside.
- Pour the cream to the chilled bowl and whip it until stiff peaks. Then stir in the condensed milk and mix it just until combined.
- Then pour the strawberry puree and mix it to incorporate. Over mixing can deflate the ice cream. Transfer this to a freezer safe bowl and allow to set overnight.
- Scoop and serve strawberry Ice cream.
Method 2 – using a blender
- Add strawberries to a wide pan. Cook them until the moisture evaporates and the mixture turns thick. It should have the consistency of jam. Cool this completely & make a smooth puree along with condensed milk. Set this aside to a bowl.
- Pour the chilled cream to the blender jar. Blend just until thick & you see it has the consistency of whipped cream. Remove it to the bowl and stir in gently with the blended strawberries & condensed milk. Do not over mix as the cream will deflate.
- Transfer to a freezer safe bowl. Freeze until set. Scoop strawberry ice cream and serve.