Strawberry ice cream recipe. To make this luscious eggless strawberry ice cream we need only 3 ingredients and can be made with or without an ice cream maker. It turns out to be smooth creamy and luscious with a natural flavor of strawberries and taste much better than the store bought ice creams.
I have shared 2 methods to make this ice cream. The first method needs either a hand or stand mixer or a ice cream machine. The second method just needs a high speed blender.
The first one is a no cook method & is made in just 2 steps. The strawberries are pureed along with condensed milk. Then the cream is whipped to stiff peaks.
Lastly the condensed milk & strawberry puree is mixed with whipped cream. The entire mixture is then set in the freezer. You can also churn the mixture in a ice cream machine. The strawberry ice cream that is churned is much more light and airy.
The next method is made using a blender. This method is great for those who do not have a hand mixer or a ice cream maker. All you need is just a good blender.
An important point to note with this method is not to over blend the whipping cream as it can become butter in no time.
- Ensure the bowl and beaters are well chilled before you whip the cream.
- Over whipping the cream can leave you with butter. So keep an eye on the cream while you whip it.
- In the first method too you can cook the strawberries until the moisture evaporates and then puree them. This gives a more intense flavor.
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1¼ cup strawberries about 200 grams.
- 2 cups whipping cream with 35 to 25% fats (chilled)
- 1 can condensed milk (392 gms)
Method 1 using hand or stand mixer
- Chill the beater and bowl for at least 1 to 2 hours. If using a kitchen aid or ice cream machine, chill the bowl & beaters as mentioned by the manufacturer.
- Wash strawberries, drain the water and dry them on a kitchen towel. Make sure there is no dripping water from the strawberries, any dripping water will form crystals in the ice cream once it is set. Puree the strawberries in a blender until smooth and pass it through a filter. Set this aside.
- Pour the cream to the chilled bowl and whip it until stiff peaks. Then stir in the condensed milk and mix it just until combined.
- Then pour the strawberry puree and mix it to incorporate. Over mixing can deflate the ice cream. Transfer this to a freezer safe bowl and allow to set overnight.
- Scoop and serve strawberry Ice cream.
Method 2 – using a blender
- Add strawberries to a wide pan. Cook them until the moisture evaporates and the mixture turns thick. It should have the consistency of jam. Cool this completely & make a smooth puree along with condensed milk. Set this aside to a bowl.
- Pour the chilled cream to the blender jar. Blend just until thick & you see it has the consistency of whipped cream. Remove it to the bowl and stir in gently with the blended strawberries & condensed milk. Do not over mix as the cream will deflate.
- Transfer to a freezer safe bowl. Freeze until set. Scoop strawberry ice cream and serve.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes