wheat paneer biscuits or crackers are a great finger food for babies and toddlers. They are absolutely healthy and yum. This is a good idea to add milk products to the toddlers diet since they are made of paneer.
These days it has become hard for me to get my kids drink enough milk, so I have been exploring different ways of stuffing them with enough dairy. During this, I found a recipe using cheese and modified it to suit my taste and I was surprised at the end results, flavorful crackers. This is a eggless wheat paneer biscuit recipe.
wheat paneer biscuit recipe (eggless wheat crackers recipe)
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- ¾ cup indian Cottage Cheese / cold crumbled paneer
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 50 gms salted butter (3 ½ tbsp) (can use unsalted and add salt to it)
- 2 tbsp onion paste coarse
- 2 green chilies (paste)
- 1 tsp Carom seeds / ajwain
- salt to taste
- 10 curry leaves chopped
- 1 tsp water if needed, depends on your flour
- Oil to grease the baking tray
How to make the recipe
- Mix flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C, grease a baking tray and set aside.
- Add salt to butter & beat till smooth.
- Add crumbled paneer to the butter and whisk till smooth, can use a whisker and hand beat.
- Add flour and the rest of the ingredients to this and mix well to a non-sticky stiff dough.
- Make small balls and flatten them on your palm and place them on the greased tray. Make them thin else they will not be crispy.
- Take a fork and pierce the crackers, so that they do not puff up.
- Bake them for 15 to 20 mins at 170 C. keep checking after 15 mins, time can vary depending on your oven and the tray. I use a ceramic tray so mine was done faster i.e at 15 mins , but the crackers were a bit soft in the center so I left them inside the oven for another 10 mins with the oven door open. This turned them perfectly crispy.
- Store wheat paneer biscuit recipe in an air tight jar.