cabbage cheese paratha recipe for kids. I often make paratha for the kids to have after school. This cabbage cheese paratha is one of their favorite. It tastes good on its own or with a mint or green chutney. It must be served hot.
This is a simple idea to make a cheese paratha. You can also replace cabbage with any of your favorite veggies like carrot, cauliflower or capsicum.
cabbage cheese paratha recipe
cabbage cheese paratha
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
How to make the recipe
- Add flour to a bowl. mix it with water to make a dough. Knead it well to make it soft and pliable. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside until the filling is ready.
- Heat a pan with oil, fry ginger garlic paste for 1 to 2 mins. Add the cabbage and saute until it wilts off. Add garam masala and red chili powder. Mix and fry for 1 to 2 mins. Add coriander leaves. Off the heat and cool this completely.
- Add the grated cheese and divide the mixture to 4 parts. Make balls and set aside.
- Divide the dough to 4 equal parts. Flour the rolling area. Begin to roll by sprinkling flour on the ball.
- Roll to a 6 inch layer. Place the stuffing. Bring the edges together and join them. Remove the excess dough in the center. Flatten this and begin to roll evenly to a 6 to 8 inch paratha.
- Heat a tawa on a high flame. Transfer this to the hot pan. Cook on both the sides until golden spots appear. Since the stuffing has cheese, you can skip adding ghee or oil.
- Roll all the parathas and fry them. Stack them over the other.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
how to make cabbage cheese paratha – step by step photos
1. Saute ginger garlic paste in hot oil until the raw smell goes off.
2. Add drained shredded cabbage and saute until it wilts off. If you do not like crunchy cabbage, cook until soft.
3. Add red chili powder and garam masala.
4. Mix well and saute until the masala smells good. Add chopped coriander leaves. Cool this completely.
5. While the mixture cools, add 1 cup flour to a mixing bowl. Add water as needed and make the dough. Knead it well for 2 to 3 mins or until soft. I have not used oil for the dough.
6. Add grated cheese to the cooled mixture.
7. Mix up and divide the mix to 4 parts. Roll the mixture to balls. Set this aside.
8. Divide the dough to 4 equal parts. Dust the rolling area with flour. Flour a ball and roll it to a medium sized roti. Place the ball in the center.
9. Bring together all the edges and seal them. Remove any excess dough after sealing the edges.
10. Flatten the ball and sprinkle some flour.
11. Roll it to a even paratha.
12. Heat a tawa until hot. Place the paratha.
13. Fry it on both the sides until lightly golden or brown. You can also add few drops of oil or ghee.
Serve with mint chutney or pickle.