Coconut ladoo with condensed milk. Coconut balls made under 15 mins with just 2 basic ingredients – desiccated coconut & condensed milk i.e milkmaid. You can also use some nuts to add a crunch. A quick delicious treat to make for any occasion, celebration or festival like Holi, Ganesh chaturthi, Diwali or Navratri. Indian coconut ladoo are usually made with fresh milk and fresh grated coconut. This is a short cut to the traditional coconut laddu recipe that is made using fresh grated coconut. This recipe is good for those who do not have fresh coconut and time to make from scratch.
You can make so many variations to this coconut ladoo recipe like using cocoa to make chocolate coconut ladoo, you can also dip them in melted chocolate and make chocolate coconut balls. You can also add some khoya to the mixture and make khoya coconut ladoo. If you like to try reduce the amount of condensed milk.
You may also like this collection of 30 easy ladoo recipes.
You can also check these 100 + Diwali sweet recipes
You can also check these 10 Coconut Recipes
Coconut ladoo recipe with condensed milk or milkmaid
Coconut ladoo with condensed milk | Coconut balls recipe with milkmaid
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- ½ cup condensed milk + 2 tbsp sweetened or ½ tin or 200 grams
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- nuts , dry roasted chopped . as desired (pistachios, almonds, cashews)
- 2 tbsps coconut , desiccated , for garnishing
How to make the recipe
- If desiccated coconut is very coarse, I suggest blending it in the mixer for a while.
- Mix together coconut and condensed milk.
- Begin to heat until the mixture turns hot and comes together as a mass.
- Add cardamom powder and nuts.
- When the mixture comes down to warm temperature, take small portions and roll to balls. Roll them immediately in coconut.
- Store coconut ladoo in a air tight jar and refrigerate.
1 ½ cups desiccated coconut or 130 grams( if you have a sweet tooth)
1 ¾ cups for moderately sweet
2 cups or 175 grams for mildly sweet
How to make coconut ladoo with condensed milk
1. Add half tin or ½ cup plus 2 tbsp or about 200 grams of condensed milk to a heavy bottom or non stick pan.
2. Add desiccated coconut to suit your taste:
If you have a sweet tooth you can use 1 ½ cups or around 130 grams.
If you like moderately sweet then 1 ¾ cups works good.
If you like mildly sweet you can use 2 cups equal to 175 grams. It works with all the above mentioned quantities. This time I added about 2 cups to make them mildly sweet since I made many other desserts. With 2 cups they have a dominating taste of coconut and less of the condensed milk. So judge and use accordingly.
3. Mix it well. Begin to cook on a low flame stirring frequently.
4. If you are using 2 cups, the texture remains same. Cook until the mix turns warm. If you are using lesser than 2 cups, the mixture turns slightly gooey. Continue to cook until it becomes a thick mass. Switch off the stove.
5. Add cardamom powder and some dry roasted nuts. I had these roasted pistachios which i chopped and used.
6. When the mixture is still hot, take small portions and roll to balls.
7. Add some desiccated coconut to a plate and roll them.
8. You can also garnish them with more nuts.
Store coconut ladoo in a air tight jar and refrigerate. Use within 3 to 4 days.