Dates laddu recipe under 15 minutes. These dates ladoos are so easy to make that I almost make these twice a week in small quantities to pack in my kids’ snack box for their school. You can very much use your favorite nuts like walnuts, almonds, peanuts and pistachios. Even seeds like pumpkin seeds or sesame seeds too go well in them.
There is no end to the number of variations you can make to these dates laddo recipe. Add in some Choco chips, cocoa bits, desiccated coconut, copra, dried figs, apricots or raisins.
Most times I make these with some grated copra since it is high in calcium. If you have fussy kids, do give them a ladoo regularly.
To make dates laddu, we don’t need any ghee or oil. No sweetener is needed either. If you are not using pitted dates, you will have to remove the seeds.
You can blend the nuts coarsely or use them chopped. You can grate the copra and use.
Dates laddu recipe below
Dates laddu recipe | How to make dates ladoo
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 20 dates large , pitted
- ¼ cup nuts mixed (almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios, peanuts)
- 1 tbsp Desiccated Coconut (optional)
- Dry roast nuts for few minutes if on stove top, set them aside to cool. or Add them to a microwave safe tray and microwave for about 2 minutes. Stir in between at least twice.
- To the same pan, add dates and heat them till turn soft. If in a microwave, add dates to the same tray, microwave for about 30 to 60 seconds to soften them.
- Add desiccated coconut if using.
- Knead or blend the dates in a blender. Set the blended dates aside. Add nuts to the blender and pulse them coarsely or chop them.
- Mix dates and nuts well. or Together blend them in the blender.
- Take small portions and roll them to balls.
- You can roll the dates laddu in dried coconut to give a special look.
You can try using sesame seeds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds or Choco chips
How to make dates laddu
To make on stove
1. Dry roast nuts for few minutes until crunchy. Transfer to a plate and cool.
2. If using sesame seeds, add them to the same pan. Toss them for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat.
3. Grate copra if using.
4. Cool all of these and chop the nuts. I sometimes also add them to the blender and powder them.
5. Remove the seeds from dates and chop them.
6. Medjool dates I use are quite soft even without warming up. But if the dates are hard, heat them in the pan to soften.
7. Mix the dates and nuts. Knead them.
8. Make ladoos of desired size. Roll them in dried coconut.
To make dates laddu in microwave
I just microwave the nuts for 2 minutes, stirring between every 40 seconds. Add dates to the same plate and microwave for less than 30 seconds to soften them. To the hot plate I add desiccated coconut.
Knead the dates till smooth. Add the nuts only as needed and mix well.
Make dates laddu and roll them in coconut.